- An opportunity to join an employee-owned Insurance Brokerage and become an owner where you work
- Join one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Giving Back 2022, named by Great Place to Work®
- Advance your career in a company committed to providing opportunities for growth and development
About Acera Insurance
Acera Insurance is one of Canada’s largest independent insurance brokerages, formed through the merger of two award-winning, locally and employee-owned companies – CapriCMW and Rogers Insurance Group of Companies. Our roots in serving local communities across Canada date back to 1975. This merger brought together decades of experience in insurance, risk management and group benefits and specialized expertise across a broad spectrum of sectors. With 1,000 employees located in over 50 offices and $1 billion in gross written premiums, Acera Insurance is positioned to bring even more value to our clients and local communities as we expand our geographic footprint, expertise, and resources to support the changing needs of our clients.
At Acera Insurance, we put people first – from our employees, clients, and industry partners to the communities we serve. Our team members are committed to excellence in everything they do.
To learn more about our products, services, and impacts within our communities, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for multiple full-time Commercial Insurance Client Advisors for our Penticton or Kelowna, BC offices. A hybrid work arrangement may be available depending on location.
As an essential support to the Client Executive(s), you will provide the highest quality service to our clients, as well as mentoring and coordinating the administrative and marketing processes within the sales team.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Administering client service plans (new and renewal business), policy changes/certificates, and service deliveries
- Monitoring client satisfaction through maintaining relationships
- Contributing to meetings with the team to ensure up-to-date client issues, changing needs, service plan implementations, and other issues
- Fielding client communication via snail mail, email, phone, and/or face-to-face, to identify the client’s insurance requirements
- Creates proposals for clients and prospective clients that demonstrate our unique approach to mitigating business risk
- Educating clients to ensure understanding of business risks and insurance coverage
- Leading our public and industry profile through professional writing, speaking, and networking engagements
- Supporting processes and procedures and past practices
- Advocating for changes and additions to service plans that increase value for clients
- Providing backup support to other departments
- Participating in learning opportunities to develop up-to-date skills and knowledge
To qualify, you will need at least 2 years of client-facing advisory experience in the insurance industry. To effectively perform this role, you will also need a Level 2 BC Insurance License or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
Candidates with previous roles as a Personal Lines Insurance Advisor, or Commercial Service Representative, are welcome to apply!
As a company dedicated to developing our employees, we’ll support you with tools and resources you need through extensive training, coaching, and educational/personal development assistance. Your tenacity, results-driven, and solutions-oriented mindset will give you the push to continually grow into this role and be a force for good in the communities we serve.
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with enthusiastic energy and impeccable communication skills, who are deeply passionate about sharing ideas. If you are positive, professional, and have a high degree of integrity, we welcome you to join our team!
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the business, you will be awarded a competitive annual salary, evaluated on your education, skills, and experience, including:
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Life, disability, health, and dental insurance coverage
- Employer-matched savings plan
- Discounts on insurance services and products
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career development through leadership training and learning resources
- Be a part of an award-winning network of 1,000+ professionals in 50+ offices across Alberta, BC, Ontario, and the Yukon
- And many more!
Do you want to join the best place you will ever work? If you want to be a part of a progressive organization, dedicated to serving our clients and our community, apply now!