Our client currently seeks a Data Scientist Software Engineer to support prototyping efforts focused on improving Battle Management and information sharing for the DoD from the tactical edge to secure cloud-based environments.
• Strong object-oriented and SOA-based development skills
• Proficiency in Python, C++ and/or Java
• Familiarity with Kubernetes, Istio and associated tooling
• Familiarity with web frameworks (angular, nodejs, django)
• Proficiency with containers and container orchestration (docker and kubernetes)
• Experience with pub-sub/streaming/event-based architectures (kafka and activemq)
• Experience developing distributed and cloud-based systems and services
• Experience developing RESTful and/or SOAP based web services
• Experience developing API for databases (SQL, non-SQL)
• Familiarity with microservice based architectures
• Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBASE
• Experience reviewing and assessing existing full lifecycle data-driven applications
• Experience with agile development methods
• Proficiency developing large distributed systems applying techniques for low-latency system performance
• Proficiency with React or another modern frontend framework
• Experience with Data Bus, Data Ops, and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) technologies
• Familiarity with DevSecOps pipelines, practices, techniques, and technologies (jenkins and maven)
• Familiarity with AI/Machine Learning libraries, software stacks and applications
• Experience gathering, decomposing and analyzing system requirements
• Skilled at analyzing large, complex systems to assess performance and opportunities to improve efficiency
Work location: Hybrid – Individual works from home or off-site for a portion of their schedule and within a routinely commutable distance from the client’s facility. **The position is hybrid but candidates MUST be flexible and work on-site when required.
Travel: Estimated at 5% – domestic.
Interview process: Initial pre-screen with HM. If candidate advances to next round, will be larger group interview with technical team.
The position is and is estimated to last Three Years but projects likely to extend for more years
Our Client is famous Government Lab in Massachusetts
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED: CURRENT OR PRIOR SECRET CLEARANCE WILL BE A PLUS