At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Google’s technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Melbourne VIC, Australia; Sydney NSW, Australia.
- 7 years of experience in promoting analytics, data warehousing, or data management software.
- Experience planning, pitching, and executing a territory sales strategy.
- Experience executing commercial and legal agreements with Procurement, Legal, and Business teams.
Experience working with sales engineers and customer technical leads to build business cases for transformation and plans for implementation.
- Experience with market leading Business Intelligence (BI), data analytics middleware, or data warehouse technologies.
- Understanding of data analytics technology stack (e.g., Hadoop/Spark, Columnar data warehouses, data streaming, ETL and data governance, predictive analytics, data science framework).
- Understanding of Google Cloud Data and Analytics offerings (e.g., BigQuery, Looker, Pub/Sub).
- Ability to engage audiences through social channels, deliver messages that inspire customers.
- Ability to engage and influence executive stakeholders as a business advisor and thought leader in data and analytics.
- Excellent business acumen and analytics skills, using data to inform decisions and influence stakeholders.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will build an understanding of our customers’ businesses and bring expertise to executive-level relationships to help them deliver their strategies. You will leverage expertise promoting data analytics and work with Account teams, Customer Engineering, and Partners to ensure customer results.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Calibrate business against the objectives and key results, forecast and report the state of the business for the assigned territory.
- Build and maintain executive relationships with customers as the data analytics subject matter expert, influencing long-term strategic direction.
- Develop and execute strategic account plans, including a broader enterprise plan across key industries. Focus on building accounts.
- Assist customers in identifying use cases suitable for Google Cloud Data and Analytics solutions, articulating key solution differentiation and measurable business impacts.
- Work with Google account and technical teams to develop and drive pipelines, and provide expertise. Develop Go-To-Market (GTM) efforts with Google Cloud Platform partners.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.