Hiram Walker & Sons Limited, a Pernod Ricard Company, is the place where ambition thrives. As part of a global enterprise, we are proud to be delivering to the market such exciting brands as Wiser’s Whisky, Polar Ice Vodka, Malibu Rum, and Lamb’s rum. Let your ambition lead you toward outstanding opportunities with progressive rewards. For insight into our heritage please click
Note: All candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and present proof upon hiring unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a human rights protected ground (effective November 15, 2021).
The IT Application Development team at Pernod Ricard North America is responsible for the development of a wide array of line-of-business tools for internal business customers, as well as integration with 3rd party transactional systems. New enterprise-grade technologies are employed to build cutting-edge applications and integrations with strong user experiences in the Canadian, American, and Travel Retail markets.
In order of priority, this role will be responsible for:
- APIs/Integrations Development: designing, coding, integration testing, and implementation of integration development projects. This role will require delivering detailed design for APIs and micro-services development within the integration space. Being able to understand large enterprise level architecture, provide design recommendations, and work with cross functional application teams to provide the best solution to meet the project needs are crucial for the role. This includes the use of ETL tools for traditional database-to-database style integrations.
- Application Development and support lifecycle, including developing new applications and enhancing existing ones, performing complex problem solving and issue resolution, documenting application changes as well as issues and resolutions, partnering with IT functional leads on application enhancements and support, and providing technical collaboration with third party agencies and vendors as needed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing ETL/ELT solutions and related data integrations using on-premise and cloud based tools (E.g. Informatica, MuleSoft, Azure Data Factory)
- Responsible for developing new solutions for mobile, web applications, security and API/integrations.
- Responsible for developing enhancements and break-fixes for traditional web applications, mobile applications, and reports, in both new and existing systems.
- Responsible for system support including answering incoming tickets, e-mails, and phone messages, complex problem solving, resolving data discrepancies, and documenting all issues and resolutions.
- Responsible for off-hours support as required.
- Provide technical collaboration and assistance to 3rd party agencies and vendors leading projects or providing IT services as appropriate mobile and web initiatives.
- Assist application functional leads in design sessions with business users related to application enhancement work and in preparing functional specification documents.
- Perform system testing on application enhancements and break-fixes before they are rolled out to the business for UAT.
- Assist Application Manager in evaluating capabilities of application tools and new technologies to direct proper application development strategy.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team and vendors to resolve product issues by raising service requests where required.
- Assist functional leads with application training for business users.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in ETL integration and SQL design and development in a relational database environment
- 2-3 years of experience in API or RESTful web service development
- 1-2 years of experience in web application development using Java
- 1-2 years of experience in mobile (hybrid) application development
- Excellent problem solving and design skills as well as a strong troubleshooting background.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as ability to work independently or in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications rapidly.
- Ability to create clear and accurate documentation procedures and willingness to continually use and update documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodologies and some project management.
- Excellent understanding of RDBMS, and specifically Oracle PL/SQL language.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Hybrid Integration Platforms or SOA/related technologies an asset.
- Intermediate understanding of Java software development in a web-based environment. (JSP, Servlets)
- Intermediate understanding of web technologies including but not limited to: CSS3, SASS, AJAX, XML
- Experience with SQL Server, Azure Data Factory, Informatica an asset.
- Experience with Groovy/Grails/Node.js an asset.
- Experience with GIT, BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo an asset.
- Experience with MuleSoft technologies a plus.
- Experience with Sencha/Angular/Ionic and Cordova/PhoneGap a plus.
- Experience with advanced Oracle analytic functions, large dataset query tuning and aggregation, preferably in Oracle 12c a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI a plus.
- Experience with Python and Machine Learning principles/AI technologies a plus.
Availability to travel: up to 10% of the time. Must be eligible for occasional travel to the United States.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process or wish to view our accommodation policies, please contact the Human Resources Department at
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto.