As the Finance/Budget Analyst you will provide financial/business lead support in the areas of: project management and contract performance measurement including policy interpretation, requirements analysis, planning and administration, cost estimating, proposal evaluation, control systems implementation, compliance reviews, performance monitoring, data analysis, risk assessment and status reporting, analyze contractor performance trends and prepare completion forecasts and assist in the development of customer correspondence.
- Conduct technical evaluation of cost proposals including fact finding, cost/technical trade-off analyses and evaluation report writing. Prepare independent cost estimates to support evaluation of alternatives including development of cost and operational effectiveness analyses, and Bottom-Up/Top-Down cost estimates.
- Collect and analyze performance data. Assess and quantify cost/schedule/technical status and risk; evaluate trends, and project cost completion estimates.
- Prepare and coordinate inputs for acquisition documentation, status reports, briefings, and information inquiries. Train new staff (internal & external) on CPM concepts, analysis techniques and related reports.
- Develops plans including budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements.
- Participate in program management reviews and financial administration meetings
- Interprets and applies policies, government legislation and accounting theories.
- Document processes and develop work instructions
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
- Minimum Essential Desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in
- Business/Finance/Economics/Accounting and at least 4 years of job-related experience or equivalent
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, communication, and leadership skills.
- Results oriented individual with exceptional organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
TICKETS AND LICENCES
- Drivers License
EXPERIENCE – Minimum Essential
- 4 to 5 years – in a similar role performing finance, accounting, cost estimate or budget development.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- The position is desk based and sedentary in nature, the ability to lift items up to 5kgs may be required occasionally.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT
- It is a condition of employment at JDFPG that employees obtain and retain the appropriate level of security clearance and medical clearance applicable to each role. The employee will require a Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) Department of Defence Security Clearance (Australian) or TS/SCI (U.S.) clearance
STATEMENT OF WORK REQUIREMENTS
All personnel assigned to work at JDFPG shall be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to fluently read, write and speak English
All Amentum personnel are responsible for understanding and complying with all site environmental, health and safety requirements. While Amentum is responsible for providing a safe workplace and is responsible for ensuring compliance with requirements of the JDFPG Handbook, each person is responsible for:
- Completing work tasks in a safe manner
- Reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to their supervisor and/or PMO/EHS Manager
- Continuous adherence to the environmental, health and safety procedures outlined in the JDFPG Handbook during the performance of their work
- Red-Carding a Job – Employee right and responsibility to “STOP WORK” if a job is unsafe or possess a danger to the environment
Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Program and carry out job activities in compliance with the Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand their Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to their job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement