As General Manager, you’ll have the freedom to succeed to build a business to be proud of, whilst developing your team and creating a warm welcome for your customers. From the moment you step through the door, you’ll lead by example making sure our customers, and teams, have a great time.
Join us at Farmhouse Inns, where we’re big on quality as we are with our portions, which is why our carveries slow-roast our meats for 14-hours, freshly prepare our veg, create fluffy, handmade Yorkies, ruffle-up our perfectly crispy roast potatoes, and bake and hand-decorate our giant cakes in our kitchen every day.
The opportunity comes with a 3 bedroom live in accommodation if reuqired or cousdl be a live out role
We’re all about rewarding our team’s hard work, that’s why…
You’ll receive a competitive salary, pension contribution as well as:
- The chance to further your career across our well-known brands – as one of the industry’s top apprenticeship providers, we can provide training and development at each level of your career.
- Discount of 33% for you and 15% for your loved ones on all of our brands – so you enjoy your favourite food and drink at a discount.
- Free employee assistance program – mental health, well-being, financial, and legal support because you matter!
- Discount of 50% for you and 25% for your loved ones at our Greene King Inns and hotels. – so you can enjoy a weekend away without breaking the bank.
- Refer a friend – who do you know who could be interested in a new role? When they are placed, you could earn up to £1,000 for referring them!
- Wagestream – access your wage before payday for when life happens.
- Retail discounts – Receive up to 30% off at Superdrug, exclusive discounts with three mobile along with many more…
What you’ll do as a General Manager…
- Work with your business development manager and management team to grow pub sales
- Lead by example in everything you do and bring our brand to life through your team in delivering amazing experiences for our customers
- You will recruit & develop your team to ensure they have the knowledge needed to delight our customers
- Be a champion of brand standards & ensure customer & team safety at all times
What you’ll bring…
- Very high standards and attention to detail in all aspects of the day-to-day running of a successful pub
- You’re great with people, and as a result, have great communication and leadership skills
- You’ll be business savvy, with a keen eye for P&L control
- You’ll embrace individuality and care for others, your pub and the environment
- Previous success at General Manager level is desirable; from a hospitality, retail or other fast paced background, and the right attitude and outlook is essential!
- You’re keen to learn and happiest when you succeed at something new
Suited to an existing GM within a high volume business , experience in a carvery operation at some point in your career would be an advantage but not essential