Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are* dedicated to helping our employees grow* within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
Our mission is rooted in sustainability and in turn human welfare. Therefore, we are committed to the growth and cultivation of our employee’s well-being, so that our employees feel that they are in a career environment that enables them to thrive personally and professionally. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. We are proud to offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package to employees working over 30 hours a week.
- Competitive Pay
- A career path for promotions, with clearly defined goals for each promotion and subsequent pay increases.
- Indoor Agriculture Environment
- A culture focused on Work/Life Balance
- Health, Dental, and Vision and very competitive contribution rates
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Generous Vacation Time and 5 Sick days each year
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Immediate access to participate in the 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match
- Basic and Voluntary Life / AD&D
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness coverage
- Voluntary STD/LTD
- Caregiver Support
- Training and Development
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits (includes part-time and seasonal staff)
- MarketPlace Perks at Work
- Free Employee Assistance Program services that focus on health physically, emotionally, socially, and financially.
Local Bounti employees are empowered, valued, and respected. They have a passion for their work and for Local Bounti’s success. This shared passion for achievement is the lifeblood of our company.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing all the daily operations of the facility. Ensures all crop production and packing is on schedule and of high quality while containing labor costs. Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to achieve production targets while controlling costs and achieving quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with any other duties as assigned:
- Communicate and uphold Local Bounti’s vision, mission, and values with employees
- Directs managers and supervisors to ensure efficient daily operations of the harvesting, packing, and shipping/warehouse.
- Indirectly supervises daily operations of the greenhouses, seeding, and transplanting areas, as well as Food Safety in conjunction with Head Grower and Senior Food Safety Manager, respectively.
- Accountable for operating expenses, quality control, and daily operation of the facility. This includes, but not limited to, production, planning and reporting, facility performance, labor management, balancing inputs, throughput & demand, and facilities maintenance Lead our efforts to be a lean organization and will guide us through continuous improvement activities to improve system efficiencies; will be largely judged on the revenue and the (relative) operating expenses.
- Work collaboratively with the SVP of Sales, VP of Operations, and Head Grower to assure sales forecasts are met
- Work collaboratively with Director of Supply Chain to assure raw materials are available for facility operations and sales
- Work collaboratively with Senior Food Safety Manager to assure optimal quality and food safety through sanitation and testing
- Assist Supply Chain department with maintaining vendor relationships for facility needs.
- Maximize efficiency of packing and delivering high quality produce, at the optimum cost, to meet business objectives
- Own all aspects of the operation and work with your team to ensure that daily targets are met, and ALL areas are clean and ready for operation the next day
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, orderly, and safe facility and operation
- Overseeing large projects and interpreting performance reports
- Act consistently with Local Bounti’s mission to ensure the organization’s effectiveness and success
- Enforce Local Bounti’s policies in a consistent and fair manner which will result in a productive and focused environment
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of each activity, which will demonstrate a performance model for all employees
- Provide support and continual education for all employees, which will provide for a more talented and satisfied workforce.
- Develop strategic plans, budgets and policies that will strengthen the company and support the company’s financial goals
- Development and adherence to budgets that support current activity and forecasts
- Develop strategic direction and implement key action items to ensure a stronger and healthier company that supports corporate and employee goals
- Implement changes to facility operations, manufacturing methods, facility layouts, capital equipment, and procedures that result in cost reductions to ensure corporate goals and customer expectations are met
- Coordinate with the support team for new product introductions as well as new product manufacturing processes or technologies
- Work closely with the facility management team to plan and set-up new processes for test runs, scale up, and long-term production processes
- Work closely with Business Development, Quality, and Scheduling for planning and scheduling new products and processing
- Analyze, recommend, and justify the purchase of capital equipment to support the company’s strategic direction and changing technology needs
- Identify and implement manufacturing methods and organization structure to improve the efficiencies of material flow and to meet the needs of our customer
- Interact with the corporate support team on sales to review current and future needs
- Identify and incorporate opportunities to improve technologies, systems, and processes
- Along with HR, recruit, develop, coach, and mentor employees with the aim of production qualified, productive, and satisfied personnel that can keep abreast of changing technologies and customer needs
- Oversee the overall recruitment and selection of employees in coordination with Human Resources and the facility management team
- Oversee and/or delegate training and development of employees toward meeting current and future needs
- Establish with employee’s input, job responsibilities and performance expectations
- Communicate expected results and provide ongoing performance feedback (both positive and negative)
- Manage employee quality of work life to ensure an informed, satisfied, and productive workforce
- Any other duties as assigned
- Embrace Local Bounti’s Core Values
- Ability to effectively manage the selection, assessment, training and development, work direction, coaching and quality of life of the production staff
- Ability to manage multiple priorities which includes matching staff to equipment to ensure product quality standards and production schedules are met
- Ability to evaluate employee performance against established standards, which includes recognizing employee strengths and developmental needs as well as determining appropriate compensation adjustments
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively apply management practices and team development techniques which includes the ability to motivate staff, deal with difficult employee issues and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate, in verbal and written form, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of GAP, GMP, GFSI, SQF and Food quality processes and procedures
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively communicate and administer Local Bounti’s policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and manage a budget, including cost accounting and ability to initiate appropriate costing changes when conditions warrant
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and implement safety standards and ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and implement quality standards, procedures, specifications, and corrective actions
- Ability to read, interpret, apply, and communicate technical information, including drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of equipment and production processes
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, manufacturing management or business strongly preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience with production activities in a Manufacturing environment, food grade preferred
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience managing people
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
- The working environment is subject to pressure for multiple calls, inquiries, and interruptions.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sound by ear.
- Lifting: raising or lowering objects weighing no more than 10 – 20 pounds, from one level to another.
- Mental Demands: mathematical reasoning, memorization, oral comprehension, spatial orientation, and written comprehension.
- Sitting: remaining in the normal seated position.
- Stooping: bending the body by bending the spine at the waist.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words.
- Vision Near acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
Pay: $165,000.00 – $210,000.00 per year