What it’s like to work here:Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (BCP) is the UK’s newest city region. It’s a place where culture and heritage meet innovation and modernity. It is a vibrant and diverse community sitting within a rich globally important natural environment.
At the heart of our work in BCP is Brownsea Island. This outstanding and exciting place is one of our most loved places and has a long history of engaging with young people as well as a wide range of visitors from the local area and across the globe. We manage the island in partnership with Dorset Wildlife Trust and The John Lewis Partnership so an ability to work in partnership is critical.
We have also recently established a Children’s and Young People team which will be led by this role. This will build on our existing work to develop new partnerships across our properties in Dorset.
For more information about our property please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brownsea-island
- Working collaboratively with local communities and in partnership with other organisations.
- Leading multi-disciplinary and high performing operational teams. In this role, this will also include volunteers.
- Building effective working relationships and strong stakeholder management, successfully influencing a wide variety of people both internally and externally. In this role this would include community and commercial partners and stakeholders, national teams, tenants, and internal consultants.
- Providing an outstanding visitor experience. In this role, this will need to be balanced with the Trust’s commitment to conservation.
- Ability to lead and delegate in a matrix organisation with an understanding of risk management and business and financial acumen.
The packageThe National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Requirements :Compliance.Eligibility to Work in the UK
Permanent f/t (37.5 hrs pw)