For us, for family
We know the importance that food plays in people’s lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. Our purpose is to bring enjoyment to people’s lives through great tasting food, in a way that reflects our values.
Our HR Delivery Manager takes on a leadership position and is responsible for the day-to-day operation, management, and service levels of their respective team. This role works closely with the Senior Director, Employee Experience Center to ensure the appropriate cascade of Employee Experience Centre strategy, monitors execution, and provides insights to other areas within the Employee Experience Centre.
How You’ll Add Value:
- Lead and provide operational oversight to the team responsible for delivering local HR specialist support in four main areas. Must Leverage knowledge of local / regional / cultural nuances and handling unique language and time zone requirements. Areas include: Employee Relations in non-unionized plants; Labour Relations in Unionized Plants; Talent Acquisition (Recruitment) of High Volume role (Plant, Manufacturing and related); Manage in-scope employee leave of absence process
- Manage Canadian based HR Specialist team, creating a collaborative atmosphere, providing guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff
- Monitor team performance against expectations; tracking individual and team performance metrics
- Accountable for providing guidance and management to roles within team, providing direction (planning, SLA management) on the day-to-day operational activities, ensuring adherence to strategy and EEC / Centre priorities
- Provide input into the overall Employee Experience Centre strategy, policies, tools and programs based on business needs and insights
- Works collaboratively on continuous improvement initiatives to ensure services are effectively delivered
- 8-10 years of experience Managing Team Leads within a Shared Service environment
- Experience in Employee and Labour Relations including conducting investigations, managing appeals, addressing misconduct, issuing discipline, suspension, and / or termination
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Experience managing operational HR team
- Ability to translate EEC strategy into actionable plans and results; strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong internal consulting skills, with ability to influence change
- Strong business-specific knowledge coupled with strong leadership, project management and analytical skills
- Strong ability to monitor progress against operational targets, adjusting team behaviour as required
- Strong internal network, providing direct reports with access to leading operational practices
- Working knowledge of HR systems is beneficial, particularly SAP and SuccessFactors
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of COVID-19 pandemic. With vaccination restrictions easing across the globe we do not currently require employees to be vaccinated, but we reserve the right to change this mandate in line with health guidance and regulations in each country.