Establishes and improves work systems by studying facility layout, workflow, and work methods.
* Develops labor standards by analyzing work samples and methods; measuring work performance.
* Improves labor utilization by studying work methods; testing modifications; designing new methods; recommending job restructuring.
* Improves workflow by studying process flowcharts; recommending modifications in work flow, work stations, and product; developing new procedures; recommending equipment modifications and purchases.
* Reduces waste by studying methods, equipment, and operator techniques; recommending changes; establishing procedures to identify and analyze waste.
* Implements work improvement programs by conferring with management and engineering staff.
* Prepares work analysis reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains industrial engineering data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
* Completes work improvement projects by training and guiding operators and supervisors.
* Maintains operations guidelines by writing and updating policies, procedures, and methods.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Control Engineering, Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Database Design, Managing Processes, Developing Standards, OSHA Compliance, Analyzing Information , Quality Focus, Technical Zeal