The Queensland Police Service has a large portfolio of work relating to the upgrasing of system infrastructure across our ICT fleet. In general this involves upgrading infrastructure from Windows Server 2012 and Windows SQL Server 2012 to their 2019 counterparts.
This project is focused on uplifting the infrastructure that supports QPRIME, QPRIME is one of QPS’s core systems and it critical to policing in Queensland. There is a very low tolerance to risk to the QPRIME system. This piece of work is complex as QPRIME is a very large enterprise system with approx. 90 system integrations. In addition this project needs to take into account other BAU Queensland Police Service and project work impacting QPRIME, this may impact environment availability and tolerances for distruption to environments.
The scope of work is to uplift all servers in all environments (including production) to 2019, there are hundreds of servers, each requiring some level of configuration, application deployment, integration, and testing. This role will be coordinating and managing activities for the uplift of all of QPRIME’s infrastructure. This will involve multiple teams (project and BAU) and managers.
Key accountabilities & skills:
- A broad experience over several years in successfully managing a range of complex ICT projects from initiation to closure and applying formal project governance and methodologies.
- Previous experience in leading ICT teams and suppliers to deliver project outcomes.
- Formal training and demonstrated applied experience in PRINCE2-based methodologies.
- High level of experience in successful stakeholder engagement.
- Previous experience in implemented infrastructure upgrade projects, particularly those involving Windows Server and SQL Server 2019.
- Proven experience in large scale ICT projects and programs.
- Accreditation and demonstrated applied experience in agile methodologies.
- Experience with leading procurement activities, and an understanding of ICT contracts
- Experience capturing, analysing and documenting business requirements
- Experience with project management software (including MS Project and project portfolio management tools).
Like to know more?
To submit your application, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Graham in our Brisbane office on 07 3185 5339, quoting Ref No. 228593.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.