Who is Innovapost?
Great question! We are the technology arm of the Canada Post Group of Companies. This includes Canada Post, Purolator, and SCI. By joining us you will be able to make a positive impact on how every Canadian delivers and receives their packages and mail. Next time you see your neighbor picking up their mail and receiving a package, you will be able to say “You’re welcome”
Why join Innovapost?
As Technology evolves constantly, we invest in our High Performing Workforce with the Skills of Tomorrow through continuous learning and career growth within Innovapost, including access to LinkedIn Learning, the new Degreed capability and a Leadership Developmental Program. We invest in Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, and provide continuous employee engagement to grow our business together.
What role you will play?
We are looking for an experienced Apache Camel developer to join an established team to develop application code in accordance with application standards and best practices working on projects, change requests, and minor enhancements. This individual is responsible for analyzing, developing and delivering the technical solution that satisfies the functional design documents and other user requirements. The Developer also works with incident management software to investigate, resolve issues with various applications and resolve defects. The Developer unit tests changes to applications to ensure that the quality level delivered to QA is acceptable. This individual is well-versed in agile methodologies and development.
As part of an agile software development team, the candidate will:
- Take responsibility for estimating, planning, managing and the quality of all his/her own tasks and reporting on progress.
- Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews.
- Collaborate closely with other team members and share responsibility for the overall efforts that the team committed to.
- Participate in code reviews and commit to high-quality code.
- Interact with Product Owners to clarify requirements.
- Be flexible in accepting outstanding work items, be the development or test, in order to help the team achieve sprint goals.
What you’ll be responsible for? (Apart from Innovating)
- Understand and interpret functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents or user stories
- Design, develop and unit test technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned
- Perform code review in critical functionality areas
- Develop, integrate, test, maintain and enhance existing and proprietary platform applications
- Provide support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed
- Prepare and implement the technical solution to the production environment
- Investigate and provide post-implementation support of the technical solution implemented
What does it take for this role to be yours?
- 3+ years of experience in Java development
- 3+ years of experience with Java Message Service (JMS)
- 3+ years of experience with application containerization/Kubernetes is an asset
- 4+ years of experience with GIT/BitBucket
- 3+ years of development experience
- Experience with Apache Camel
- Experience with server-side RESTful web services, preferably in Java
Additional skills that set you apart:
- Angular 2+, preferably Angular 8 & 11
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- NGRX/RxJS implementation of Redux patterns
- Unit test frameworks
- Developing for accessibility
- Relational database knowledge, preferably using Oracle.
- Experience with design frameworks like Angular Material
- Experience with AWS Lambda, SQS, ECS, DynamoDb, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation IoT Core and AWS MQ
Education and certification
- Academic: Post-secondary degree in computer science, Engineering, or Technology or equivalent in education and experience
- Certifications: ITIL foundations (Asset)
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Innovapost
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Innovapost is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Innovapost regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The work we do at Innovapost impacts every Canadian. To work with us, you must be eligible to obtain a Canada Post Reliability Security Clearance.
Good luck! We are looking forward to meeting you, but unfortunately, we will not be able to meet all of you!