Are you an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) looking for a challenging role within a dynamic team? Do you have extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server administration and database management? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our multifunctional Vendor Delivery Team as a Deployment DBA.
As part of the Vendor Delivery Team with oversight from the Technical Delivery Group, you will play a crucial role in implementing and upgrading critical Systems.
Key Accountabilities & Skills Set:
As a Deployment DBA, your key accountabilities will include:
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring, and advice to a group of ICT professionals involved in the support and maintenance of diverse Database environments.
- Leading the analysis and timely resolution of system issues within a complex ICT environment.
- Coordinating and managing the identification, assessment, and briefing of new and emerging software technologies, products, methods, techniques, and services to staff and management.
- Assisting in the introduction and utilization of techniques, methodologies, tools, and services that align with current and future business requirements.
- Engaging with vendors, business units, and management to develop successful working relationships that enhance the effective management of the database environment.
- Managing the implementation of processes, procedures, tools, and techniques for designing, monitoring, managing, and reporting on the performance and availability of ICT systems and services.
Criteria for Success:
To succeed in this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and 2019 administration, including Windows scripting (PowerShell) and application deployment and configuration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2019
- Strong skills in database design and modeling, database performance tuning, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring/alerting (SCOM 2012) and performance collection/analysis (MS PerfMon).
- Experience in managing databases on AWS and/or Azure.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services (SSAS & SSRS).
- Proficiency in scripting languages, including SQL and TSQL, PowerShell.
- Enterprise ICT experience, including working in agile/Scrum teams, ITIL, and ICT governance processes, and experience with Azure DevOps or JIRA.
Join our team and contribute your expertise in Database Administration and Deployment. Enjoy a supportive work environment that encourages flexible working arrangements