The International Institute of Data & Analytics (IDA) is a not-for-profit hi-tech organization with foci on data science and big data analytics innovation, education and training, and commercialization and services. IDA offers unique experiences and engagement models for bridging the gaps between academia and business, enabling industry and government `easy to do business with’ leading scientists and specialists in data & analytics, and building a platform for engagements and collaborations between outstanding researchers, practitioners and educators.
In data science and big data analytics, the IDA creates enablers for:
- Leading the field of data science and analytics innovation, training and services by building think-tank and thought leadership, and next-generation of data scientists and professionals;
- transforming excellent research and innovation outcomes to actionable data science and analytics systems, tools, services and training for industry innovation and transformation; and
- building a flexible and engaging culture and platform to connect local, regional and global resources in data & analytics research and business towards developing world-class centre of excellence and research networks.
You shall find the IDA team very self-motivated, high standard and forward thinking focused, and highly hands-on.
- Collaborate with team leader and senior data scientists, as well as clients and internal stakeholders to understand and document their business requirements, problems and objectives.
- Understand data structures and business and extract and integrate required data sources for analysis according to business requirements.
- Develop and evaluate data analytics models, algorithms, systems and solutions, including undertaking data extraction, pre-processing, modeling, evaluation, deployment, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with senior data scientists and team leader and clients to productise and pilot analytical models for production and insight per clients required.
- Undertake cost-benefit, forecasting and impact analysis by effective presentations of data-driven findings to clients and stakeholders.
- Document and communicate all relevant work and work outcomes.
- Solid background, knowledge and capabilities in statistics, mathematics, computer science, informatics, computing, or closely relevant scientific field.
- Experienced in data-driven analytics hands-on experience with deep know-how of predictive modeling, machine learning and data mining, and relevant modeling approaches and algorithms.
- Demonstrated capabilities to develop and evaluate statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data-driven solutions to problems in new domains.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL (data extraction and manipulation), expertise in SAS programming, and software development skills in one to several scripting languages (Python/R).
- Demonstrated capabilities to communicate and engage with a range of stakeholder groups and technical project teams.
- Demonstrated capabilities to work effectively as a member of a data science project team.
- Demonstrated experience for independent problem-solving and self-motivated innovation, education and services.
Contact: [email protected]