London – 5 days per week on site
The job on offer
As a Project Manager you will work with our customers, our own applications and technology consultants to manage and deliver people change, providing advice and assistance so that the people are fully engaged, the project successful and the benefits delivered.
Our focus is to ensure our project managers are challenged towards professional growth within a new team, exposing them to the multi-discipline environment and client facing opportunities. We are looking for individuals who can contribute to the successful delivery on multiple projects.
- Takes responsibility for managing a team and activities to deliver a phase or objective of a project, under the guidance and overall supervision of a programme/portfolio Manager.
- Project managing IT projects with a clearly defined and agreed scope
- Working within a clearly defined governance structure
- Building & leading a small team
- Engaging with project stakeholders to resolve issues and seek clarification
- Taking a Professional and ethical approach to your work and instilling these values in your project team.
- Proven project management experience
- Experience in project planning and control
- Leadership of a small project team
- Able to manage delivery of IT development projects
- Understanding/exposure to formal methods (Planning, risk management, dependencies etc)
- Understanding of Project reporting and tracking
- Scoping, planning an ensuring delivery of agreed projects with good certainty of scope
- Experience within an IT development environment
- Maintaining risk, issue and quality logs;
- Budget tracking experience
- Ownership of RAID log for the project
- Waterfall Delivery
- Agile Delivery
- Project lifecycle
To be successful in the recruitment process for this role, you are required to obtain Developed Vetting (DV) clearance, which is a condition of undertaking your employment with Capgemini. Please ensure you are aware of the requirements before submitting your application. For more information about Developed Vetting you can check the requirements in advance online at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels
Why Capgemini is unique
- Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained ‘Mental Health Champions’ across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
- Benefit from learning for life with Capgemini’s unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform ‘Next’ and our ‘Learning for all’ mindset.
- At Capgemini we offer opportunities to contribute to society, make a difference to the world and help Architects of Positive Futures. Through our sustainability framework Capgemini is at the cutting edge of helping organisations accelerate their net zero and wider sustainability ambitions.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts.
A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.