About the Team
This position will be a key member of the Electronics Solutions team located in Edinburgh, SA. The team provides Software Engineering for the design and build systems that can manage large quantities of imagery, and apply deep learning through convolutional neural networks and other ML models to augment imagery analysis.
About the Role
Working with Researchers and Data Engineers at DSTG, this role includes utilising and adapting open-source machine learning libraries to assist with automation of computer vision tasks for Analysts. This includes designing and building systems that can manage large quantities of imagery and applying deep learning through convolutional neural networks to augment analysis.
The general and generic duties of the Machine Learning Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment of training results, setting up additional training runs and report findings to researchers;
- Peer code review;
- Designing and implementing machine learning projects (both in development and production);
- Facilitate collaboration with RDA staff and clients;
- Identify and pursue ongoing personal development opportunities;
- Maintain strict confidentiality;
- Comply with RDA policies and improvements;
- Contribute to business improvement/quality programs and enterprise risk management activities; and
- Ensure your conduct is at all times professional, reputable and in accordance with the philosophy and direction of RDA.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Safety, Partnering, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT). This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years experience with Machine Learning;
- Understanding of MLOPs and its relationships with the DevSecOps process;
- Experience with Python 3;
- NumPy, Pandas, matplotlib;
- Open CV, Pillow;
- Experience with the software development lifecycle;
- Experience working with Linux & Bash;
- Experience with Docker and Docker-compose;
- Source code revision control system knowledge (GIT);
- Experience working with SQL; and
- NV1 Clearance.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do;
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases;
- Access to exclusive employee discounts with over 400 retailers in Australia to help reduce cost of living;
- Opportunity to work on major projects within our Vehicle Systems (Logistic, Tactical Wheeled, Tactical Tracked), Electronic Solutions, Weapon & Ammunition Divisions;
- Generous internal incentive and referral program;
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities;
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing; and
- We are proud to be recognised as an Endorsed Employer for All Women by WORK180.
RDA Talent Acquisition Team
Applications will close on 26th of May 2023