The Market Research Analyst participates in the planning, implementing, analyzing and communicating market research studies that support all divisions of Life Care Services. The analyst may have initial involvement with research requestors as research goals, and methods are defined at the start of a research study. The analyst may conduct a research project to that has been planned and defined by their manager or a senior research analyst. The Market Research Analyst obtains market and customer information from primary and second data sources. That data and analysis is used in developing marketing, operational and strategic plans for Life Care Services and its operational and development-stage retirement communities.
Experience is Everything;
At LCS, experience is everything. We provide you the opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, growing organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of the seniors we serve. If you are seeking an organization that gives back, you’ll love working here. Our principles and hospitality promises define our company culture. LCS employees can be found participating in volunteer activities, getting involved in our committees or collaborating with team members in our innovative work space. You’ll find several opportunities to grow as a professional, serve the community, and enhance the lives of the seniors.
From resident satisfaction to providing unmatched service to our communities and partners, we understand what goes into managing, marketing, and developing a successful senior living community. With more than 50 years of experience, we know exactly what to expect. The future of senior living starts today.
- Meets with research clients to gather information to be used in the development of market research proposals.
- Communicates information and methodology needs to vendors and other data collection entities to obtain estimated research costs and time frames.
- Provides input to the research proposal development process
- Conducts primary and secondary market research projects to support marketing plan development, pricing analysis, target market evaluations, and potential community expansion or repositioning.
- Develops written research reports, and presentations of the key research findings.
- Collects research data using mail, telephone and online surveys, and qualitative techniques such as one-on-one interviews and focus groups.
- Prepares competitive pricing studies to be used in establishing fees for new products and potentially adjusting the pricing for existing products.
- Develops, analyzes and interprets demographic data from secondary sources such as Claritas, the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Performs market analyses regarding competitive and housing conditions in target markets using on-line databases and other secondary sources.
- Assists in the preparation of data analyses from various decision monitoring and satisfaction measurement tools and programs such as, priority, move-in, selections and resident satisfaction studies.
- The technical knowledge for this position is best obtained through a BS or MS in Marketing/Market Research and 2 to 4 years of experience in Market Research.
- Experience in developing oral and written market research reports.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the market research process including the identification of research needs, establishing research objectives, selecting/implementing the research methods, analyzing data, preparing final reports and the oral presentation of research findings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with research customers in terms of defining research needs, providing progress updates to the customers and ultimately communicating actionable research data to the entity or persons requesting the research support.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales processes and concepts.
- Familiarity with statistical and data analysis concepts as applied to market research.
- Familiarity with geographic information systems, database analysis techniques, statistical software and on-line data queries.
- Knowledge of the process of planning, implementing, and reporting focus group research.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various groups/individuals, including: senior managers, executive directors, research vendors, and regional marketing staff.
Industry leader. The Nation’s third-largest senior living operator ranked number one in customer satisfaction among senior living communities.
Inclusive and collaborative culture. We’re dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion and have an engaged Diversity and Inclusion Council focused on creating awareness and educating employees on inclusivity. In addition, LCS creates a collaborative culture that provides an exceptional experience for every employee.
Top Workplace USA: LCS has earned the 2022 Top Workplaces USA award and is recognized for our strong company culture and engaged workforce.In addition, LCS earned ten culture excellence awards in areas such as DE&I practices, top managers, professional development, and clued-in leaders, to name a few.
Top Workplace Iowa: LCS employees truly believe we are an employer choice. This recognition, for 4 years running, is in large part due to the culture of excellence that our employees help deliver every single day.
Competitive pay, great benefits and vacation time. We are an equal opportunity employer with benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company match and paid parental leave.
Charity and community involvement. We are recognized as a national team for the Alzheimer’s Association and consistently a top contributor to United Way. We also support our employee’s individual community contributions and provide opportunities to get involved at our corporate locations and in our communities.
Outstanding advancement opportunities. LCS is growing and we think you should too. Our company growth allows for internal growth opportunities across all of our business lines.
Ongoing career development. Onsite education opportunities, education assistance, and continuing education credits allow LCS employees to keep their knowledge of current industry changes relevant.
LCS creates living experiences that enhance the lives of seniors. You’ll see this commitment in our people. They’re talented, dedicated professionals who truly care about residents, with each conducting his or her work with integrity, honesty and transparency according to the principles of LCS. We strive to help every community succeed—strengthening available resources, establishing proven practices that lead to long-term growth and creating lasting value for those living in, working for and affiliated with the community. Check us out on our website: www.lcsnet.com
Travel Frequency: None
Job Level: B
Estimated Salary Range: $65,000 – $72,000
The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
A POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING REFERENCES, IS REQUIRED
LCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER