Are you an experienced Marketing Manager looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance you skills and career in a great working environment?
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Up to £65k + 10% bonus if you have all the skills & experience we are looking for
We are Vaarst, a technology company building cutting edge products to solve real-world problems, using techniques in artificial intelligence, autonomy, and computer vision.
We have a core focus on helping the world become a cleaner, greener, and safer place. We seek to deploy technology for good.
We believe in putting innovation to work and creating a difference in the world with boundary-pushing underwater technology for our clients in offshore wind and the subsea industry. Take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2!
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and flexible workplace that brings the best out of our people.. Our approach is hybrid-remote with 2-3 days a week in our state-of-the-art Bristol Office Hub, designed with creativity, productivity, and wellness in mind. We understand everyone is different and we’ve designed policies to support our whole workforce in establishing a great work-life balance. We support and encourage applicants of all genders and backgrounds.
We are looking for a driven Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving go-to market activities, competitive intelligence, messaging and positioning of our products and brand.
If you are passionate about understanding customer needs and developing great communication strategies in order to answer them, we have the perfect job for you!!
As the Marketing Manager for Vaarst you will be responsible for owning our marketing strategy, growing awareness in current & new markets and realise Vaarst’s go-to market strategies. Using your skills in online, press and tradeshow marketing channels you will push Vaarst to the front of the industry.
The Marketing Manager will become an expert of our products and capabilities, thriving on delivering marketing that ramps up our impressive growth trajectory. A keen eye for market developments and associated marketing strategies will keep Vaarst at the forefront.
We work in an exciting and dynamic environment where every day is likely to be a little different but here are some of the main responsibilities you will have in the role:
- Delivery of predefined KPIs – these will be closely linked to lead business development & sales activities
- You will work closely with the product managers and sales team to plan, develop and deploy a product-specific marketing strategies
- You will own the Vaarst marketing strategy – from creation through to implementation
- You will implement the go to market strategy – from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Present marketing business cases to Senior Management
- Identify, plan and execute trade show events to grow new and existing markets
- Develop a deep understanding of our product, our markets & customers
- Identify and execute social and trade press marketing opportunities – both paid and unpaid
The overall goal of this role is to specifically lead the messaging, outreach and content creation to generate customer interest, increasing sales through our sales channels and sales team. You will need to be commercially focused with a good understanding of marketing strategy as well as profit and loss elements.
About you & what you will bring
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Marketing Manager who has what it takes to make a real impact in this role. If you have these skills and experiences this could be you:
- Proven track record of Marketing in a B2B environment
- Strong commercial approach and business judgement, if developed in different business environments (pricing, sales, strategy) across a range of markets/ functions and or cultures.
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Previous work experience as a Marketing Manager
- Ideally have a qualification in Marketing, Communication or a similar relevant field.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work independently
If this sounds right up your street, then we want to hear from you!
We have a simple process we take all our candidates through to help ensure you are the right person for us and that Vaarst is the right company for you.
- Submit your application with your CV, ensuring you showcase your skills and experience.
- A 30-minute phone screen with our HR partner. We will tell you more about our role, the team and business, and allow us to learn more about you, why you applied, and what you can bring to Vaarst. You’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- CCAT Assessment, this will look at your numeracy, spatial and verbal skills.
- A 1-hour interview with one of our VP Sales & Marketing. This part of the process allows you to get a real feel for the work the team is doing and allows us to learn more about your skillsets. In the interview, we will investigate your skills and experience in more detail, asking you to provide us with examples of your work/ skills based on the key skills listed above. Again, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- Offer! If you are successful in the process, we will follow up with an offer for the role.
So, you think you might want to join Vaarst? We don’t blame you – this is an amazing place to work!
People join Vaarst because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. We also offer a competitive salary, up to 33 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days), a £500 loyalty reward after 2 years’ service and a flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include:
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Generous pension scheme
- Progressive and generous parental leave benefits
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
Sound like fun, but don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and ethnic minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification/ skill. At Vaarst we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every skill in the job advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Other companies call this role: Head of Marketing, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer
Vaarst is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.