Research is a fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating role. We look for candidates who possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative, writing and communication skills. Experience in modelling, forecasting, and valuation is also important. The role offers a good path for personal and professional development and excellent support to achieve these aims.
- Work with the senior analyst in the Australian Banks Equity Research team covering stocks in the banking sector
- Liaise with corporates and industry contacts to help form views on the sector and stocks
- Communicate your team’s ideas in a persuasive manner to external clients and the J.P. Morgan sales & trading desk
- Contribute to thematic sector reports on Australian Banks or cross-sector collaborations with other teams
- Develop a wide range of industry contacts and organise corporate access events across listed and unlisted corporates for our clients
- Respond promptly to client requests for analysis/data
Required qualification, capabilities, and skills
- At least 3 years of work experience in equity research or a relevant role within banks, financial institutions, accounting or professional services firms. E.g. research, funds management, corporate finance, strategy
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc.
- Strong skills across Excel (including data gathering/manipulation), Word and PowerPoint; ability to build robust models with limited guidance
- A solid understanding of finance and accounting and an interest in the banking sector and macroeconomics
- A passion for equity markets
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Dedication, curiosity, and the ability to contend with competitive pressures while remaining focused on client needs
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Professional qualifications, e.g. CFA (or progress towards CFA) qualification
- Ability to interact confidently with business clients and management
- Some experience within financial markets, including an interest in personal investment
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.