Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
The Photography Coordinator/Assistant is a merchandise handling coordinator and stylist located in the Minooka Photo Studio. You will work with the photographers preparing product to shoot. Products are unpacked, repackaged, cleaned, prepped, assembled, sorted, and styled to meet style guide requirements. The Coordinator/Assistant will assist on set and edit photos. You will use SpinMe software to check in and track products through the photography production process. You will work in the Grainger WorkStation processing images and keeping track of tickets through the JIRA system.
You will report to the Supervisor, Photo Studio.
- Responsible for styling in a range of different categories for e-commerce photography. Productivity-focused, with good merchandise coordination
- Prepare stock and ensure product is styled with established style guides, so that minimal postproduction retouching work is needed
- Assemble, disassemble, and prepare products to keep productivity high in the photography studio
- Open packaging so that the product can be repackaged as new when completed
- Ensure products are cleaned to remove surface dust, fingerprints, and other imperfections prior to shooting.
- Help with editing/retouching of shot images using Photoshop
- Work with Studio Supervisor and Lead Photographer to coordinate work prioritization
- Keep an eye on JIRA tickets and flag team when resources need to shift and work with teammates to rebalance the workloads
- Maintain production area in a neat and orderly condition
- Can train quickly, follow procedure and exhibit the task management skills necessary to meet or exceed style guide standards
- Strict attention to detail with a high level of organizational skills
- 2+ years’ proficient experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Teams, Word, Outlook & Excel), SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Very comfortable with technology (PC)
- Mechanical understanding of using basic hand tools such as screwdrivers, mallets and drills; comfortable with assembling product
- Familiarity with photography/visual arts required
- Proficient Photoshop skills required
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage starts day one
- Paid time off (PTO) days and 6 company holidays per year
- 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Education assistance, including financial counseling, tuition reimbursement and low-cost degree options
- Employee discounts, parental leave, and more
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.