Up to £49,972 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
The Essex Property team is responsible for managing and maintaining the Essex County Council’s (ECC) £1.7bn estate, which covers approximately 350 buildings and around 1,500 sites ranging from residential care, waste, country parks and schools. ECC’s challenge is to deliver an estate strategy to achieve best value, whilst supporting service delivery.
ECC is in a partnership with a delivery agent for all property and facilities related operational functions. The Property Team operates as the Corporate Landlord, providing strategic, intelligent client functionality for ECC by developing corporate property policy, strategic advice and managing the transactional and property management services procured through the contract.
The Property Manager, working with Service Managers in ECC, will focus on areas covering property strategy, estates management, and projects that support the property strategy. They will be working collaboratively with suppliers and stakeholders to identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of property management and ensure the best arrangements for stewardship of the ECC estate.
- To manage and commission property services in order to implement the Council’s Property Strategy and current policies around the use of property.
- Use specialist skills, knowledge and experience to ensure the effectiveness of the Corporate Landlord function,
- To provide professional support and expertise to members of the team and the partnership on property matters.
- To establish, develop and maintain effective and collaborative communication, working relationships and arrangements with all internal and external stakeholders to optimise the potential of the service and the use of ECC property assets.
- To contribute to Essex Property service outputs, ensuring best value for money and accurate in-year spend.
- Provide expert, specialist advice and guidance to ECC as required
- Ensure compliance with all external and internal regulation.
- To manage a caseload of property transactions that deliver required Property projects, ensuring effective integration and coordination across the property strategy.
- To commission services as appropriate from the supplier partner and to oversee, monitor and evaluate their outputs
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within a performance management framework.
- To recommend spending decisions to the Senior Estates Manager and / or Head of Property
- To exercise specific budget holder responsibilities, relating to specific property projects or activities in accordance with ECC’s Financial Regulations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to degree level or a professional qualification in property management, or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and good knowledge in relevant professional areas.
- Knowledge and understanding of property transactions, strategic reviews, tenant management and stakeholder management gained through experience.
- Evidence of leading delivery of property solutions to non-residential clients and particularly to public sector clients
- Evidence of budgetary control and successfully achieving financial targets in terms of income
- Experience of building strong partnerships that are influential and collaborative in nature and engender joint delivery of strategic objectives.
- Experience in property management with knowledge of relevant legislation around use and control of public sector assets
- Good collaborative skills supporting a high-performance culture, investing in and developing specialist skills and expertise and bringing together diverse capabilities to achieve common goals.
- Embeds a culture of continuous improvement and innovation – translating learning to develop new approaches to service delivery
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/place-public-health/
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/economy-investment-and-public-health
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email [email protected].
Follow us on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Further details can be found on our careers page.
Pay and Reward | Our Ways of Working | About Us | Organisation Behaviours