Location: Melbourne | Southern Metropolitan
Job type: Full-time, Part-time
Organization: Peninsula Health
Salary: Salary not specified
- Cohesive and friendly multidisciplinary team, respectful culture & supportive management
- Generous salary packaging benefits and ongoing opportunities to advance your career
- Frankston, Mornington Peninsula & surrounding locations
- Classification: Grade 2, Year 2-8 *
Salary range $71,333.00 – $95,378.00
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realize this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and look for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful, and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
Our maternity service supports around 3000 women to give birth per year. Our service is level 5 in the DHHS Maternity Capability Framework and provides care for women of low and high-risk profiles including twins and complex pregnancies.
Many of our midwives rotate through our pregnancy clinics, birth, postnatal and domiciliary midwifery units providing full scope of midwifery care and we are continuing to expand these opportunities for our midwives. We support our midwives to increase their midwifery skills in many areas such as basic ultrasound, perineal repair, waterbirth etc so they can provide comprehensive and continuity of care as well as support personal professional development.
We are looking forward to building a new hospital that will include a beautiful new state-of-the-art maternity space for pregnancy, birthing, and postnatal care.
What we can offer you
- Salary packaging benefits that increase your take-home pay
- Corporate membership rates with Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre and YAWA Aquatic Centre
- Onsite car parking
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Visa Sponsorship (conditions apply)
Peninsula Health is also offering extended scope of practice for:
- Basic enhanced skills such as cannulation, standing orders package and baby discharge check competencies
- Presentation Ultrasound
- Midwife Insertion of Cervical Ripening Balloons
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in National Standard Portfolios and Quality Activities.
Our Women’s Health unit is also a member of the newly commenced Safe Care Victoria PPH collaborative.
What You Need
We anticipate you will have:
- Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery or Bachelor of Midwifery
- Ability to Obtain Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Completion of a Midwifery Graduate Year or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering high-quality outcomes for consumers
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills commensurate with experience
- Prepares written documentation using clean, concise and grammatically correct language
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Victorian Employee Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
To discuss this opportunity further or for advice on our visa and relocation packages please contact Jess Strathdee at [email protected]
If you experience any issues signing in or registering, please feel welcome to contact us – the People, Experience & Performance Team on (03) 9784 2700.
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
- Please refer to the salary circular for NURSES AND MIDWIVES (VICTORIAN PUBLIC SECTOR) (SINGLE INTEREST EMPLOYERS) ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT 2020-2024 for salary range. Sub-grading will be based on years of experience.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, and compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit:
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Peninsula Health immunization policy.
Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time.