Are you passionate about being a part of an organization to help other businesses grow by leveraging the power of grants?
Have you worked in a fast-paced environment and led revenue generating teams?
Do you have experience in strategizing, inspiring, and delivering results within an innovative environment?
We want to hear from you!
Granted Consulting is seeking a key leader that drives the overall growth of our company. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans, training and mentoring the revenue team, and building strong, lasting relationships with clients and strategic partners.
The successful applicant will be energetic, persuasive and well organized with the ability to develop a strong direct sales team and their supporting division.
The successful applicant will understand how to strategically build strong sales funnels and pipelines that contribute to repeatable, consistent, and customer-centric experience by but not limited to business development, marketing, automation and technical practices to maximize sales and profitability.
You will assess the effectiveness and efficiency of developed processes, establish revenue targets for Team Leads and Pods, and report outcomes to the CEO.
This role will include three primary skills sets:
- Strategic Sales Planning: Develop and implement strategy to achieve sales targets, expand our customer base, and improve client retention. Establish and forecast sales objectives and communicate delivery to the team.. Develop effective initiatives to solve client issues. Stay abreast of industry trends, grant availability, funding cycles, and competitor activities to adjust sales strategies as necessary.
- Customer Relationship Management: High level understanding of building and maintaining strong long lasting relationships. Using automation through systems to speed up processes and service our clients more efficiently. Implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results via reports and data. Analyze pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting to the sales and marketing teams providing key business insights: typical reporting relates to sales funnels, sales forecasts and trends, sales activity metrics, conversion rates, and client retention.
- Team Development: Recruit, coach, and oversee our national revenue team. You will engage in regular check in’s with your team to identify knowledge gaps and develop a plan/process to fill them through training and mentorship. You will mentor them to enhance their skills and performance, ensuring the team meets or exceeds sales and client retention objectives and supports them as an accountability partner.
About Granted Consulting
Granted Consulting is a business consultancy operating in Vancouver to help businesses across Canada obtain Government Grants. We leverage available government funding for those who fit the grant criteria, reducing overhead of the businesses we work with and improving the success of businesses across Western Canada.
Since starting operation in 2011 we have had exponential growth. We are seeking a team player who is just as comfortable leading their team as they are rolling up their sleeves and getting stuff done to meet business objectives.
Core Job Function
Sales Strategy Development and Execution 20%
Ensuring a high level of communication internally and supporting the CEO with sales planning including channel strategy, target market segmentation, client analysis methodologies, sales process, and sales compensation. Creating a strategy for different service models for the relevant ideal customer profiles and identifying marketing opportunities to reach these target markets.
- Sales Forecasting, by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for industry pods; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new services.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans
- Calling current and previous clients for continuous improvement feedback.
- Market planning with CEO and marketing team to ensure sales strategy can be delivered and that the marketing strategy aligns with the sales plan.
- Identify leading indicators and sales activities to be completed by the Strategy Team each day, week, month, and quarter that steers the direction from where revenue opportunities are derived.
Team Development: 40%
Develop your team through ongoing coaching and management. Help Grant Strategy Consultants and Account Managers better connect grant opportunities with their client books and provide support to manage the success of the grant application by ensuring the grant is completed with the right information.
- Meet with team leads on a weekly basis to discuss pod opportunities and challenges as well as monitor achievement of KPIs
- Identify gaps in performance and support team members with sales coaching
- Develop training presentations and resources to upskill the team leads to manage their pods more effectively
- Share videos, podcasts, and other resources that could benefit the team
- Creating, communicating, and compensating understandable goals that fosters both team work and individual results.
Sales Operations: 25%
Implement systems and establish metrics that support sales performance management, As the sales leader, identify sales process optimization with development of consistent and clear processes with integration of automation, where possible.
- Drive the successful implementation and adoption of the sales and marketing automation platforms.
- Develop effective and activity based sales processes with well defined KPIs
- Define contact and account quality standards in the database, defining processes and data acquisition strategies
Partnership Support: 15%
Create partnerships with stakeholders to support referral efforts, access to new business ecosystems, and connect with others who aim to help Canadian businesses succeed. These partners may provide a range of opportunities including strategic partnerships, speaking opportunities, pilot programs, and funding trends and intelligence.
- Explore, develop, and maintain strategic partnership opportunities that help Granted achieve our revenue goals and business ecosystem impact
- Work with CEO to develop partnership strategy to align with company’s priorities and available resources
- Create process to ensure consistent communications to potential partners
- Facilitate collaboration between organizations including meetings, email communications, social media posts, newsletters
- Negotiations with strategic partners to align both organizations’ goals for partnership opportunity
You enjoy accelerating the growth of sales by collaborating with the senior team to set revenue goals and company strategy, implementing a sales plan to drive revenue growth, and develop strategic relationships that further generate leads. You love to manage client experience from onboarding to final reporting by mapping out processes and using automation.
A fast paced work environment helps you thrive and you easily handle fluctuating workloads while being able to jump from one project to the next quickly and effectively.
We Are Seeking Candidates Who Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience leading a sales team to achieve or exceed sales goals with consistency, experience in a service-based industry, an asset.
- Proven experience in client retention strategies and initiatives.
- Previous experience in Hubspot or similar product automations is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills.
- Solution Driven: find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and able to manage project and work with tight deadlines.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Communicate for Results – Converses with, and writes to internal and external stakeholders to generate desired results. Seeks and shares information and opinions. Provides clarity and guidance to ensure expectation alignment. Asks questions with follow-ups, and solicits advice prior to taking action.
- Problem Solving – Asks questions and looks for data that helps to confirm information or proactively identify discrepancies. Suggests remedies that meet the needs of the situation and those directly affected. Resolves problems and escalates issues appropriately.
- Accountability – Checks assumptions about mutual expectations and clarifies standards of overall performance. Checks the scope of responsibilities of self and others. Monitors day-to-day team performance and provides training coaching to develop confidence and accountability both individually and for the team.
- Analytical Thinking – Collates and reports information. Investigates to define problems more accurately. Sorts information in order of importance. Identifies relationships and linkages between components. Identifies variable potential causes and effects. Solicits guidance to define criteria and assign values of importance and urgency. Escalates issues of an exceptional nature.
- Collaborate – Takes initiative to actively participate in team interactions. Without waiting to be asked, constructively expresses own point of view or concerns, even when it may be unpopular. Ensures that the limited time available for collaboration adds significant customer value and business results.