Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Early Development Services Department are looking for a Senior Scientist to join the team in Cambridge. In this customer focused role you will be using mass spectrometry techniques to perform a range of analytical assays and prepare high quality reports for various customer projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a good knowledge of protein chemistry and mass spectrometry experience to join a rapidly expanding and exciting department in Lonza.
- Perform mass spectrometry assays to analyse recombinant proteins and peptides. Perform a range of analytical assays for protein characterization
- Prepare high quality reports and data summaries.
- Performing equipment, lab and area inspections to maintain high levels of quality and safety. Contribute to and maintain Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Effectively communicate with external customers and internal stakeholders across departments and sites.
- Provide mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Bachelors in a relevant scientific discipline (Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences)
- In-depth experience using mass spectrometry techniques to analyse proteins and peptides
- Good working knowledge of protein chemistry
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills with fluent written and verbal English language
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.