Contract Type: Secondment (Full-Time) – 12 Months
Shift patterns: Mon-Fri – 40hrs per week (08:30-17:00)
Location: Lutterworth (LE17 4XW)
DHL, award winning leading supply chain business is seeking a Warehouse Shift Manager to play a vital role coordinating our daily logistics requirements. To succeed in this role, you should have a comprehensive knowledge of supply chain management practices and a demonstrative understanding of warehouse procedures, including the storage and dispatch of volume orders and goods.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
- To directly assist operational management by initiating, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of all warehousing activities and staff performance of your designated shift.
- To manage and implement productivity by communicating job expectations to direct line reports, monitoring stock movement and control, whilst ensuring that all deadlines are safely met within allocated time frames, always maintaining standards of excellence.
- To track and trace orders using a digital In-house tracking software system, ensuring that records are maintained and kept at optimum level.
- To monitor recruitment levels and initiate staff training as required, keeping up to date records in-line with company policies.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Previous and practical experience as a manager within a logistics environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of supply chain practices.
- Previous experience of preparation and distribution of volume orders.
- Computer literate with a practical knowledge of logistics software packages.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage, organise and train direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
A recognised qualification in Supply Chain Management or Logistics will be preferred and well received.
WHY CHOOSE US?
As well as competitive pay rates, you will be entitled to an award-winning range of benefits including:
- Free confidential 24/7 GP Service
- Hundreds of discounts (including Retail, Childcare + Gym)
- Affordable loans & Enhanced Pension Scheme
- 24/7 employee support service for you (+ family) with access to free counselling and much more: https://supplychainjobs.dhl.com/jobs/our-benefits/
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. Find out more about our Global approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging: https://careers.dhl.com/global/en/diversity
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
DHL is the global leader in Supply Chain management and we keep the world moving. Our expert teams work together to deliver for our customers across a range of industries including retail, automotive, healthcare and more, so they can deliver to their customers.