Once started as a local Dutch and Belgium logistics provider for companies in the fashion industry, we have grown into an award-winning international 3PL logistics company serving many renowned brands across various consumer goods industries. We leverage our experience and knowledge built over many years, passed from team member to team member, and expanded our activities ever since. Despite our growth and substantially larger business size, we have always kept our spirit of an agile entrepreneur, drive to excel, passion for logistics and culture of putting people first since 1862.
Do you believe your work can make a difference in other people’s lives and contribute to an organisation’s and its customers’ success? At Bleckmann, we do. Do you want to become part of an international and diverse team? If the answer is yes, then Bleckmann might be the right fit for you.
We are currently looking for a Shift Manager to join our BSE site based in Bury St Edmunds.This is a permanent role Monday – Friday with a salary range of £36,000 to £38,000
Main purpose of job
- To take full accountability for the activities related to Client Order Fulfilment within a large multi contract distribution centre for an assigned shift
- To promote and foster a culture of working safely and supporting the development of the team and the individuals within it
- Builds knowledge of the business model, logistics and specialist markets (externally). Knows where they fit in the model & how they contribute to it. Achieves business targets in his/her own team.
- Uses external awareness of relevant functional best practice to support decision making. Brings fresh thinking and new ideas to drive individual, team & functional performance.
- Uses knowledge & judgement to make positive decisions that impact the team & function. Understand the impact of their decisions, within & outside the function. Takes ownership of their decisions and sees things through even in areas of ambiguity.
- Delivers operational benefits, with an eye on adopting best practice.
- Is focussed on continuous improvement.
- Confident communicator, who has good visibility amongst stakeholders and their function. Engages effectively with others across all levels and has credibility in their delivery. Is a role model for values & leads by example.
- Influences an established network of internal & external contacts to deliver goal. Effectively adapts influencing styles to different audiences; typically to 2 levels above.
- Has self-awareness of development needs, seeks out feedback; takes ownership and is intentional about pursuing stretching development opportunities both career & personal. Reflects on their learning to drive their own improvement. Owns & drives personal development plan.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. They are critical to our client’s successes and without a doubt, to our success also. This is why we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays
- 4 x salary life insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Retail and Various Discounts via a Benefits Platform
- Health and Well-being initiatives (EAP, OH, Wellbeing hub via a benefits platform)
- Social Events
- Exclusive Client Discounts
- On site parking
We are proud to be an inclusive and diverse organisation where we are committed to employee development and recognising the successes of our teams. We are proud of our accreditations including Healthy Workplaces Leicestershire and we are Disability Confident Committed as part of the Disability Confident Scheme (GIS) and actively welcome applications from people with disabilities.