Job Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Reports to: Director of Finance
We are a collective of passionate and energetic cultivators and retailers working toward a singular mission: to grow clean and potent cannabis. For over a decade, we have strived to change the way people think about the industry. It’s more than just what we do – it’s who we are. From humble backyard beginnings to state-of-the-art grow facilities, we’re always searching for ways to perfect the process and take our jungle to new heights. Sharing our successes, challenges, and experiences with our community, we’re proud to inspire and educate the next generation of cannabis enthusiasts.
Jungle Boys is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst, who loves to drive performance in a high-velocity business. Someone who takes pride in supporting Jungle Boys Brand and provides the best medical cannabis experience to all Florida patients. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for producing value-adding financial analysis for the company with the intent to optimize the business operations from a cost and sales perspective. This analyst will have a passion for analyzing multiple datasets, challenging their integrity, and continuously improving financial visibility. The analyst will help assist in giving strategic direction and steer the wheel toward the company’s long and short-term goals.
- Support the Director of Finance in building the financial structure of the company.
- Assist with the monthly preparations of the income statement. Analyze the General ledger expenses, identifying and understanding the variances between budget/forecast and recommending cost segregation movements if any.
- Assist the Director of Finance in producing the monthly/quarterly/yearly forecasts and budgets using historical data, considering a normalized view of operations (1-off items that will not be a re-occurring expense).
- Assist in forecasting finished goods model working with the relevant mid-senior personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in building scorecards/performance dashboards for finished goods. Use the results to provide directions on upcoming finished goods.
- Support in weekly/bi-weekly/monthly reporting to departmental heads on P&L, stock aging, customer traffic, Store operation Analytics, etc.
- Introduce new KPIs/reports for the business to help support business decisions.
- Assist in the long-term planning for the business and building multi-scenario financial models.
- Help drive impactful reporting, tools, and process improvement with a focus on data accuracy/integrity.
- Work with mid-senior personnel to help collate and summarize information to understand the financial impacts to the business.
- Advanced Excel (SUMIFS, Lookups, Nested IF statements, Array formulas)
- Ability to understand SQL language to help challenge data outputs (Optional)
- PowerPoint (Advanced), Access (Intermediate)
- Financial modeling experience
- Ability to understand relationships with different datasets.
- Ability to challenge senior personnel on data integrity given the nature of the business (JV/Start-up)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Power BI, QuickBooks, Dutchie (Optional)
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and position oneself, communicate, operate and prepare, and place, and position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 20 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here represent those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform the essential functions of this position successfully.
Work is performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here represent those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Jungle Boys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prioritize an environment of inclusion, diversity, and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, markets, and communities.