Creates and revises complex technical documentation to support the marketing, operation, repair, and maintenance of company products. Ensures documents conform to company and government standards and specifications and language usage principles. Creates and revises technical documentation using state-of-the-art publishing software technology including product descriptions, detailed functional descriptions, operating procedures, fault isolation, maintenance and repair procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, miscellaneous reports, proposals, marketing literature, or other technical documentation pertaining to company products. Ensures compliance with customer requirements, government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
- XML Authoring Tool Experience (e.g. Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software)
- MS Office Tools/Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Access a plus)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional PDF Software
- Proficient in the use of illustration markups; or use of a similar PDF (electronic) markup tool
- Ability to work with a diverse team in several physical locations.
- Knowledge of Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) functionality, development processes, and markup languages.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 5 additional years of relevant experience Familiarity with relevant military and commercial standards. Mechanical/Electrical/Operator Tech Writer Experience/Knowledge Required, preferred in the defense industry.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 5 additional years of relevant experience