Research, develop, compose, and edit technical material (including illustrations) for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications in print or electronic media under close supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with production and engineering personnel to become familiar with product technologies and production methods that affects ongoing ALOFT projects.
- Manage project drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product manual to integrate operating procedure, and production sequence and detail into documents or manuals to meet production goals.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology to ALOFT standards.
- Design, modify, and/or create illustrations as needed in support of written procedural guidance.
- Identify and incorporate engineering changes (including illustrations) into project or manual revisions.
- Research, develop, and verify flow diagrams and fault isolation procedures in support of fault isolation and troubleshooting manuals.
- Create parts breakdown tables in support of illustrated parts catalog.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Perform all functions in support of manual fabrication and production, such as, copying, collating, and binding.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Organize, format, and sequence content of document; assist in laying out material for publication.
- Perform review and editing functions to ensure technical accuracy and relevant content.
- Coordinate with other internal and external activities during the research phase to ensure technical accuracy.
- Arrange for approval, reproduction, and distribution of material.
- Document actions by completing all required time keeping records.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual employed in this position is expected to dress appropriately (determined by area in which their work is performed), report to work on time, have excellent work habits, and have a cooperative and positive attitude in the work setting; exhibits respect and professionalism when interacting with customers, and all employees; must adhere to company policies, procedures and safety standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-3 years of related experience in technical writing and/or training; prior aviation experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Page-Maker, Auto-Cad, and Photoshop.
- Must be capable of producing highly detailed and accurate material.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Possess the ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedural manuals that are free of grammatical, spelling and formatting errors.
- Strong research skills and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, when needed
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents, engineering drawings, regulations, procedures and manuals.