An opportunity has arisen to join the Frontier team, based at Diss. We are looking for a Van Delivery Driver to join us on a permanent full-time basis.
Carrying out day-to-day activities of the site; to assist in the delivery of high standards of safety, quality and operations whilst being a part of a team that operates with integrity and accountability while delivering a high standard of customer service.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, a good communicator, have a full driving licence and an ability to work with a wide range of equipment and machinery. This role requires a flexible approach to working hours during peak season.
- Good communicator with the ability to consult with all team members and site management team
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst maintaining Frontier’s ICE values
- Adapts quickly and successfully to accommodate changing business and customer needs, whilst providing a responsive customer focussed service
- Works to accommodate the seasonal nature of Frontier’s business
- Adopts a customer first mindset while ensuring that compliance is maintained at all times that where relevant all internal procedures are adhered to at all times
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to work independently at times without supervision
- A full UK driving license (Category C driving licence desirable but not essential)
- ADR & CPC (can be provided for the right candidate)
The role – Key responsibilities
- Correctly deliver a range of agricultural products to farm (some manual handling will be required)
- Work with office and stores teams to pick and plan delivery routes
- Conduct vehicle checks
- Maintain high standards of customer service whilst being the face of the company
- A strong focus on Health and Safety
- Assist in all site operational areas outside of peak times
Why work for Frontier?
At Frontier, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Opportunity to apply for flexible working
- A contributory pension plan to help you save for your future. The plan offers a choice of contributing levels up to 7% of salary, which is matched by us
- 25 days’ holiday (per annum) in addition to Bank Holidays, with the opportunity to purchase up to an additional five days’ holiday per year
- Life Assurance of three times your salary
- You and your friends and family (up to five people) will have access to our Employee Assistance Programme which provides 24-hour support and advice in a variety of areas including financial and wellbeing.
- Access to money saving discounts at selected retailers through our Employee Discounts Programme and our Cycle to Work scheme
- Dedicated learning and development specialists to support your ongoing development
- Access to free eye tests across all roles
- Complimentary parking on site
Frontier is a successful and growing business. We are the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion.
With a vision to be the first choice employer in UK agriculture, we are committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of our success.
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work institute since 2012 and we are proud to be ranked by them in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, Customer focus and Expertise – or ‘ICE’. These values support our whole philosophy and way of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
We have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all. As such we encourage applications from all backgrounds.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment with inclusive employment policies, such as progressive flexible working and parental policies.