Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 1st May 2023
Job Type: Part-time
Closing Date: 1st June 2023
Part-time (1 day, potential for 2 days) role, ideal for someone who is a new graduate, a tertiary student, or someone with a passion for website development.
Here at the Sydney Anglican Offices, we are committed to supporting the building of God’s kingdom through the provision of a range of valued services to organizations and churches in the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
The Office of the Director of Safe Ministry (ODSM) plays a significant role in supporting safe ministry practices across the Diocese and the safeguarding of children and vulnerable persons through screening, training, policies, and advice. ODSM also administers the complaints and discipline procedure in relation to clergy and church workers. To learn more about Safe Ministry please visit this link.
We would love to invite you to apply for the Web Developer position as you consider using your skills to contribute to this important work that supports the work of God’s kingdom.
About the role
The Safe Ministry Web Developer will oversee and execute a comprehensive web presence for the ODSM in order to better serve the churches in the diocese, including:
- Manage all software updates on all ODSM-related websites.
- Oversee and implement re-designs of main websites as required.
- Implement or facilitate the addition of custom features to websites when required.
- Respond to support tickets in relation to Safe Ministry Training.
- CBD location, brand new offices (including coffee machine!)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Salary packaging options
- Volunteer days
- Exceptional ability to be confidential and manage sensitive information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated web development skills, especially in WordPress.
- Attention to detail and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with staff and stakeholders – both professional and well-mannered.
- Client Service orientated with experience meeting stakeholder/client expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate through continually looking for improvements.
- Team orientated – able to respect, value, and seek the input of others.
Consistent with the ethos and values of the Sydney Anglican Offices, applicants for the position must have a demonstrated Christian commitment and be an active member of a church. Knowledge of the Diocese is an advantage.
Please visit this link for the Position Description
For other questions please contact Amy Bokalawela on 0414 769 963.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorized only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.