The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Allied Health Professionals partnered with Capecare to deliver the highest standard of Allied Health services and programs to residents.
Standards of Performance
- Observe and comply with all health and safety instructions, procedures, signs and notices relating to your work and correctly use the appropriate protective clothing and equipment supplied.
- Follow Infection Prevention and Control procedures and standards relevant to the role.
- Use correct documented procedures to correct, if possible, and immediately report any unsafe situations, near-miss incidents and all work related injuries.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times.
- Acts with honesty, empathy and kindness towards co-workers and clients.
- Engages and works collaboratively with others through a shared purpose to achieve goals.
- Has a thorough awareness of cultural safety and conducts themselves to operate inclusivity.
- Takes responsibility on an individual level to strive for excellence.
- Accepts and responds constructively to feedback.
- Is aware of own strengths and limitations and seeks help from others as required.
- Adapts communication style and messages to suit different personalities and cultures.
Understand and proactively contribute to managing risk and to promote a culture of participation in the risk process.
- Actively contribute to quality improvement activities in Capecare through initiating continuous improvement suggestions.
- Contribute effectively towards the organisation’s quality accreditation processes.
- Adhere to all Capecare policies and procedures.
- Own conduct and approach aligns with the Capecare Way.
- Commits to the values of: Compassion Respect Partnership Commitment
- Challenges behaviour in others that contravenes the organisational values.
- Certificate III Allied Health Assistant (essential)
- Massage certificate desirable
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with residents and fellow work colleagues
- Ability to work harmoniously within a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working within an Aged Care environment is desirable
- Awareness of ACFI and its relevance to Allied Health
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Work with residents under the supervision of the Physiotherapist / Occupational Therapist
- Assist and encourage residents to undertake activities of daily living
- Observe and reports to the Physiotherapist / Occupational Therapist on physical progress of residents
- Supervise the practice of established exercise programs, including walking and assisted range of movement exercises, as specified by the Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- Assist / conduct group exercise programs
- Set up chairs and equipment, organise participants as required
- Assist with group activities and, where directed by the Physiotherapist / Occupational Therapist, lead group sessions
- Clear up after classes
- Under the specific instruction of the Allied Health professional, application and removal of hand splints, collars, heat packs, ultrasound etc
- Removal of used laundry and restocking of linen supplies
- Under the direction of the Allied Health professional, help manage the provision of assistive devices / equipment.
- Prepare materials, tools and equipment for therapy programs as required
- Maintain orderliness of office areas and storage facilities as required
- Maintain resident’s attendance records and statistics.