About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We’re looking for a motivated Asset Management Analyst who will contribute to the day-to-day management and analysis of a growing portfolio, including responsibility for a group of assets. This successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with a passion for real estate. Skills required in this position include a strong work ethic, well developed analytical and interpersonal skills and a team-oriented approach.
Planning & Strategy
- Support the team in the preparation of annual budgets, interim forecasts, and business plans in collaboration with a variety of internal groups
- Play an integral part in the quarterly and/or annual appraisal process by liaising with external appraisers, providing pertinent information when required, and reviewing draft appraisals and corresponding valuation models
- Prepare a variety of reports to senior asset management staff and portfolio management team
Valuation & Analysis:
- Build and maintain Argus and Excel models to review internal asset valuations, asset returns, scenario analysis and on special projects
- Work with internal teams during acquisition, disposition, and development phases and participate in the due diligence process
- Provide decision support for new leases and renewals for commercial tenants
- Review monthly and/or quarterly financial statements at the property and portfolio level to track and analyze performance
- Create and maintain internal performance tracking and analysis tools and dashboards
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required
Research, Presentation & Reporting
- Keep current with market trends; prepare market reports and research papers for internal use.
- Prepare presentations to external clients; including mid-year review presentations and budget presentations
- Minimum of 2 years experience gained from a similarly positioned role in muti-family real estate and/or residential asset management, investment analysis, brokerage, or appraisal
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as Real Estate, Engineering, Math
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite of products with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Previous Argus Enterprise experience would be beneficial
- Must be highly organized and be able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail and degree of accuracy
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Finance or real estate related designation or enrolment would be an asset (CFA, CPA, MFA, AIC)
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
‘What we Offer’ section only applies to full-time employees.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.