Springboard Hospitality is a premier third-party hotel management company with a 30+ year history transforming lifestyle hotels, from the islands of Hawaii to the tip of Florida.
Springboard team members are a diverse mix of independent innovators, savvy storytellers, adventure-seekers, tech entrepreneurs, free-thinkers and community leaders making waves across one of the most diverse portfolios in the industry.
At every level, the Springboard team is dedicated to going Above & Beyond to deliver hotels that transform people, properties & communities. From memorable moments at the front desk, to thoughtful room touches, to inspired onsite programming, the Springboard team is committed to empowering the travelers journeyinviting them to experience the frequency of each hotels locale, pushing authentic human connection, exploration, and discovery, while also driving revenue.
Springboard values intentional culture, and whole-heartedly believes in nurturing, training, and empowering the careers of the hospitality leaders of today and tomorrow, encouraging them to travel and explore, through Springboards award-winning portfolio. From work life balance to career development, Springboard values and invests in the greater team, reflected in zero corporate turnover during the pandemic, well positioned for continued growth through the future.
Springboard Hospitality maintains corporate offices in Los Angeles and Honolulu, while also supporting a modern work remote culture for select positions. https://www.springboardhospitality.com/
Provides guidance and leadership to the Rooms Division, ensuring consistent compliance to Hotel policies, and quality customer service while maximizing departmental profits. Indirectly offers supervision for the entire Hotel as well as making policies and developing plans for carrying out work programs. Acts as General Manager or Executive Assistant Manager in the absence of either individual. Position is responsible for short and long-term planning and day-to-day operations of the Rooms Division. Assists General Manager in preparation of the marketing, advertising, sales plans, programs and annual budget; manages within approved plans and budgets. Responsible for the daily operations, training, and directing of the Rooms Division.
SCOPE OF WORK + TEAM
- Reports to the General Manager
- Aids in establishing a positive relationship between OLS and the property owners.
- Maintains open channels of communications for all levels (line employees through General Manager) and monitors employee relations.
- Ensures all required licenses, permits, contracts, insurance inspections, are in proper order, with the assistance of Comptroller.
- Establishes and maintains positive civic, community, governmental and local business contacts.
- Ensures the prompt and proper submission of all corporate, divisional and governmental reports required.
- Participates in Manager on Duty program requiring weekend stay over, continuous monitoring throughout the hotel, troubleshooting and offering assistance in solving any problems that may arise.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
- Implements and manages hotels daily quality process including goal communication, staff member improvement, compliance with OLS standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem prevention.
- Disseminates feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coaches accordingly.
- Fields guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepares written correspondence to customers. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy Hotel activity. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Supervises the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: Front Desk, Housekeeping, Security, Reservations, Guest Services, and Garage. Supervises and insures maintenance of building interior and exterior including corridors, public space and garages.
- Works closely with the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of the Hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solves through initiative and reasoned judgments problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
- Plans, organizes, chairs, attends and/or participates in various Hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Quality/Safety Teams Meetings, etc.
- Surveys and performs property inspections on a daily basis by visually identifying areas of the Hotel for needed improvements such as guest rooms, public areas and restaurants. Follows up with Hotel Managers to ensure repairs/corrections are made.
- Prior Experience:
- Three to four years of employment in a related position with this company or other companies.
- IT Expertise:
- Advanced knowledge of computer software (including Microsoft Office, outlook) and web analytics tools is preferred.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience
- Subject Expertise:
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and efficient sales activities.
- Makes decision within the standards of the position which can impact more than one department, but usually not more than one hotel. One general policies and procedures are available for guidance and superior is kept informed only of general directions of assignment.
- Requires analyzing activities or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to frequently negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadline, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large-scale work projects.
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures and rules of conduct as stated in the Springboard Hospitality Associate Handbook.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all company safety and security procedures.
- Travel required: As needed for hotel familiarization, content creation shoots and to meet with colleagues.
- Hours Required: Must primarily work during Springboard Hospitality business hours, Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm (PST), while understanding that the hotel business functions 24/7 and some weekend or holiday work may occasionally be required.
Springboard Hospitality offers an empowered working environment that encourages collaboration and flexibility. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
Full Time Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pet Insurance
- Costco Membership
- Bereavement Leave
- Management Contract Referral Program
- Education Assistance
Additional Per Position
- Employee Rates at all of Springboard Hospitalitys 35+ Hotels
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Dry Cleaning Services
- Hotel Level Executive Bonus Program
- Retention Bonuses
- Lead Share Program
- Associate of the Month/Quarter & Company-wide Associate of the Year Programs
- Associate Referral Bonus Program
Springboard Hospitality Core Values:
- CONNECTED. We are plugged into people, technology and the cutting edge of culture.
- INDEPENDENT. We are free-thinkers who embrace diversity and advocate for innovation.
- COLLABORATIVE. We are collaborative and believe that the best solutions are found by working hand-in-hand.
- PERSONALIZED. We are devoted to authentic human connection, personalizing our approach to the guests and owners that we serve.
- DYNAMIC. We are analytic thought leaders who harness the power of data to maximize return on investment.
OLS Hotels & Resorts LLC dba Springboard Hospitality (Springboard) is an equal opportunity employer. Springboard provides equal employment opportunity for all associates and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information and characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. Springboard also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities or medical conditions in accordance with applicable laws.