Hideaway Pizza’s casual dining concept was created by Richard “The Big Kahuna” Dermer and his wife, Marti, in 1957 near the Oklahoma State University campus. Since then, we have opened 22 locations throughout Oklahoma and Arkansas. We are excited to announce that we will be breaking into the DFW market starting off in Plano, Texas, followed by Fort Worth and McKinney locations. Our Plano location is set to open this coming Fall 2023!
We are looking forward to growing our Hideaway Pizza Family!
Purpose (Overview of the job)
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the development and performance of the team. In addition, the AGM works with the GM to oversee the financial management while optimizing profitability. The primary goal is to ensure the restaurant runs efficiently and provides the GUEST with a positive experience.
Tasks (Day to day work activities)
1. People Development
- Assist with the training and supervision of the team, ensuring all employees are performing at their highest capability with operations procedures, safety protocols, and service standards.
- Develops team by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and conducting performance reviews.
- Oversees and enforces a safe environment.
- Ensures the restaurant is always properly staffed while achieving labor targets.
2. Food and Beverge Standards
- Works hand-in-hand with the team to ensure food quality and presentation is at the highest level.
- Manages day-to-day operations of inventory management.
- Ensure the restaurant is compliant with all health and safety regulations, including food safety and sanitation standards, fire safety regulations, and liquor laws.
3. Sales Growth and Profitability
- Adheres to service standards and markting plans to attract and retain GUESTS.
- Manages the financial aspects of the restaurant, including budgeting, cost control, and profitability ananysis.
- Handles issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages the restaurant budget, including analysing financial reports, forecasting revenue and expenses, and implementing cots-control measures.
- Interalizes “THE WAY”.
- Creates and maintains a positive culture that is aligned with the Hideaway Pizza culture.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with vendors, supplies, and other business partners.
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of the restaurnt’s equimpment and facilities to ensure they are in excellent working order.
- Ensure the restaurant’s appearance and atmosphere are inviting and appealing to GUESTS.
- Act as an authority and promoter of the Brand, ensuring consistent brand expression through all consumer and cultural touch points, both external and internal.
- Performs other related duties in line with operations and personal development.
Knowledge (Comprehension of facts and principles to succeed in this job role)
- Strong MS Office Suite.
- Proficient with people development.
- Highly proficient with restaurant specific software and programs (scheduling, table management, POS).
- Excellent knowledge of food safety procedures (Serve Safe Certified preferred) and liquor laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource laws including labor laws, interviewing, termination, etc.
Skills and Abilities(Developed capacities and active personal attributes that facilitate successful performance)
- Extremely Team/ Service Focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented in all assignments, strong attention to detail.
- Accuracy, analytical skills and attention to detail are required.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; must manage responsibilities under strict deadlines.
- Work independently to resolve issues and communicate with the appropriate person or department.
Education & Experience(Level of learning and familiarity with the job)
- Progressive Work History
- Minimum of 3 years in full-service restaurant
- Minimum of 2 years of General Manager experience
- Must be 21 years or older
- Have and maintain required licenses: Food Handlers and Alcohol (state and county specific).
- Work a varied schedule, including shifts, days, holidays, doubles, positions, and events.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook and job-specific training guides.
- Meet physical requirements as dictated by the job, standing (8 hours), walking, lifting (40 pounds), stooping, carrying (25 pounds), and wiping.
Apply today on our website – www.hideawaypizza.com
To apply- Under the category drop down, choose “Management” then use “Assistant General Manager” as the keyword.
We look forward to talking to you soon!!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $63,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- Fast casual restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Benton, AR 72019: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person