The Assistant Project Manager(PM)providesvarying levels of supporttoIntermediate and SeniorPMsacross the portfolio of Projects within the BroadbandProgram.
TheAssistantProject Manager willassistIntermediateandSeniorPMstomanage,direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to broadband Joint-Use projects, will report directly toa SeniorProjectManagerandwillprovidesupport in thefollowing areas:
- Assistin the preparation ofproposalsandpresentations.
- Assistinprovidingoverall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Assistin the development ofand monitoring ofproject schedules, scope, and control project costs.
- Assistwith internal project financials, staffing, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and human resource issues.
- Assistin the management ofall aspects of projectcommunication.
- Assistin developingand implementingproject policies and procedures,establishproject controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Assistinthe review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports.Present reports to Project Manager, Program Manager as well as internal and external executive management as required.
- Assistinthe development and oversight ofmaterials receiving and management process, including inventory control, receipt of goods, storage, and transportation asrequired.
- Assistin the reviewofcontract documents with field staff to verify compliance of subcontractors and client contractors, safety and health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Adhere to company’s safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Assistin the regular reporting on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Other related duties as the needs are identified.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction, Construction Management or related degree from an accredited program.
- Minimum offive (5)years of project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical andproblem-solvingskills,and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel. Valid driver’s licenserequired
- Excellent computer skills andproficiencyin Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,PowerPointand Access).
- A basic understanding ofdocument control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A basic understanding ofconstruction project sites or executing program management in the industries of energy,ortransmission & distribution is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles isrequired.
- Must be able to meet the company’s driving requirements.
Job Project Management
Primary Location CA-ON-Toronto
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 231896
Job Hire Type Experienced