Deswik is a commercial software development company headquartered in Brisbane. We’re not interested in making our graduates watch from the sidelines. You’ll make a genuine impact solving complex problems on commercial software.
- No rotations required: you’ll be embedded with your team from day one
- Paired with a mentor SSE when you start
- A great early-career salary + biannual bonuses
- Flexible hours, 2 days WFH and 3 days in the Brisbane office (hybrid)
- Fun, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Teammates who care about you and your career success
- Free coffee machine, free soft drinks, pool table
- Hands-on mentorship and training from your team
- Regular social activities with the other grads
Who are you?
- Graduated (or will be graduating) from a degree in Software Engineering, IT or Computer Science in 2023 or early 2024
- A love of problem-solving
- A desire to collaborate and write beautiful code
Our graduate program works a little differently.
We don’t ask you to rotate around multiple teams and projects (unless you’d like to!). You’ll be welcomed into a team responsible for the delivery of real, commercial software products ranging from scheduling and optimization, 3D modelling software, complex UX/UI workflows, and specialist services for operations.
You will have a clear pathway to be promoted to a mid-level role. Then, you can set your sights on a senior engineering position.
Our Graduate Software Engineers:
- Write code and automated tests to implement new features and maintain existing systems
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies and processes (planning meetings, stand-ups, showcases, retrospectives)
- Assist with drafting scoping documents and creating as-built documentation
- Work alongside and be mentored by our 90+ software development experts
Deswik is an industry-leading team of experienced mining professionals, software developers and mathematicians working together order to provide industry leading technology for our customers across the mine planning value chain. Our head office in Brisbane is our software hub, hosting 150+ developers working every day to keep our solutions at the forefront of the global market.
We have 400+ employees in 17 offices across 12 countries. We have been operating since 2008 with strong performance, so can offer secure, permanent employment.
About our Software
We produce some of the leading products in our market, and we have a large and engaged end-user community.
- 20,000 software licenses sold
- 9,000 unique users
- Used by 500+ companies in over 900 mining operations across the globe
Sound good? Apply today!