At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars – but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office at 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away. What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits like a wellness spending fund, a company-matched pension program, monthly “work from anywhere” days, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Cloud Engineer. In this role you will work on-site from our London, ON office and report to our Manager, Cloud Engineering and DevOps. The Cloud Engineer will be part of a dynamic operations team that is motivated to promote and adopt Cloud-native and a DevOps mindset.
You will work closely with engineering/architecture, DBAs and T2 support to help ensure that our production systems are architected, deployed, managed and monitored to the best of our ability.
Providing feedback to all teams will be key to striving towards a continuous delivery model. You will be required to learn, research, pilot and recommend new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to improve the way we work.
- Architect, provision, and operationalize an enterprise cloud systems infrastructure to meet business requirements for reliability, scalability, performance and business SLA
- Administering CARFAX Canada’s infrastructure in the Azure public cloud, including Virtual Machines (Linux and Windows), networking, Azure App Services and AD
- Provisioning new services in the Azure public cloud and complying with our backup strategies and policies
- Able to understand business requirements and decide on the required cloud resources to enable business current and future needs, and customers’ SLA
- Proactively monitor the cloud environment, foresee any possible challenges and take preventative measures to avoid any system outage or possible resource challenge
- Proactively optimize cloud usage while identifying and optimizing architecture to minimize cloud consumptions
- Contribute to efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management
- Advise on, and implement, best practices for monitoring, logging and alerting
- Own the availability, resilience and scalability of your solutions
- Document installations, procedures and requirements for systems/services
- Maintain cloud security while meeting the needs of the business without blocking progress
- Work closely with various internal teams to spec and plan new product and feature implementations
- Provide best practices, standards, and general support for the cloud environment
- Quickly learn new technologies and enforce industry best practices
- Provide Tier 3 support for infrastructure/system issues
- Be part of a rotating, after-hours, on-call schedule
Education and Experience Required:
- 10+ years in IT (various roles) Development and/or infrastructure management
- 3+ years of experience working with Azure cloud environments
- 2 + years of database experience (Microsoft T-SQL)
- Knowledge in architect and build pipeline, as well as end-to-end CI/CD process
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting .NET applications
- Experience with container platforms preferably Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Extensive experience working closely with cross function teams (Dev, QA, and business teams)
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proven communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
CARFAX Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website https://www.carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.