The City Events and Festivals Team curates, plans, and delivers the public events and festivals in the City’s annual program. In addition, it manages strategic partnership investment by Council in a number of externally delivered annual events and festivals, delivers Council’s Live Music Program, and is the key point of contact for one-off events and festivals delivered by the community and third parties in the City of Parramatta.
With reference to City of Parramatta directions, policies, programming and budgets, the position is responsible for:
- End to end management of tenders, including monitoring, reporting and execution.
- The development and maintenance of efficient, effective, and accountable business and procurement systems to ensure the successful delivery of City Events and Festivals.
- Managing and developing the financial and business operations of the Events and Festivals Team including income and expenditure control to ensure adherence to operational budgets and effective spend.
- Maintaining oversight of income and expenditure to ensure adherence to operational budgets and effective spend and ensure effective management and reporting of the annual operations budget in relation to each stream within the unit including Civic, Major Events and Public Domain Activation.
- Tertiary qualifications, such as a degree in, Event Management, Communications, Marketing (or related discipline) or another relevant qualification combined with a significant amount of relevant event experience in a project lead capacity (typically 10 years).
- 10+ years’ experience delivering successful large public or private events, or similar activities or projects in the arts, cultural or related fields, with a proven track record of achieving strategic objectives.
- Comprehensive understanding of the production aspects of large-scale public events.
- 10+ years’ demonstrated experience in working with diverse, multidisciplinary teams and delivering services to a high standard to meet financial and other business performance criteria.
- Advanced experience in developing and implementing business, financial and administrative systems, preferably for event teams.
- Evidence of management and team leadership of staff in a multi-task environment requiring application of priorities, meeting of deadlines and working under pressure.
- Experience in managing projects while being able to work with multiple stakeholders in complex organisations, handling several projects simultaneously and being able to prioritise key outcomes and deliverables.