Position – Cardiologist
We are committed to pioneering a new care system by putting the patient at the centre of everything we do. Through our integrated care model, we are determined to improve patient experience and outcomes one patient at a time.
Brellah is a patient-centric healthcare model focusing on changing how medical services are provided in Australia. Patients are encouraged and supported by clinicians and health professionals who embrace collaborative care to drive better health outcomes.
A Brellah Cardiologist provides long-term and continuous care to patients and aims to develop an ongoing relationship with them and their families/ carers, which can lead to an increased sense of respect and trust. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Provide high-quality cardiology services to Brellah patients keeping with best practice standards
- Coordinate and refer care with other providers, specialists, and testing facilities as appropriate
- Respond to medical/ health problems presented by patients, including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate
- Provide long-term management conditions in line with best-practice national guidelines and pathways
- Provide appropriate health promotion and preventative health care advice to all patients attending the practice.
- Record and maintain accurate, adequate and relevant patient records using the established practice protocols and digital medical records system
- Actively communicate and coordinate with colleagues, primary care services and allied health professionals when sharing a patient’s care.
- Maintain patient and practice confidentiality at all times.
The Cardiologist will work in a supportive environment amongst peers and experienced administrative staff. The following is required:
- Full accreditation from RACP, specialisation in Cardiology
- Unrestricted general registration with AHPRA
- Satisfactory participation in continuing professional development to at least the same standards as the Royal Australian College of Physician’s (RACP) Quality Assurance and Continuing Professional Development (QA & CPD) Program
- Complete Australian medical registration that facilitates the capacity to work in the available position
- Have the ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely with the medical community, peer colleagues, patients and staff;
- Have the ability to work well in a group practice and equally contribute to patient care.
- Have the ability to participate in medical community education and staff education programs shared equally amongst colleagues.
The Cardiologist will have excellent communication and organisational skill set and be able to work and contribute in a team environment; they will be expected to:
- Maintain a high standard of clinical Cardiology services at The Company, ensuring optimal patient outcomes.
- Maintain a high standard of cardiology skills, procedural (where relevant) and non-procedural.
- Facilitate and foster a collegial practice amongst all members of the organisation;
- Substantial involvement in education programs within the organisation and regional centres (where relevant);
Please contact Liz Leiva on 02 8513 4233 or email me at [email protected]