Freyssinet Australia Pty Ltd is a multifaceted specialist contractor providing innovative solutions for remediation, post-tensioning, and specialist civil engineering. A member of the Soletanche Freyssinet and Vinci Groups, we have an unrivaled reputation in specialized civil engineering across the soils, structures, and nuclear sectors. We have local branches in all states and are present in 100 countries around the world.
About the role
We have an exciting position available for Supervisor in our Operations Division based out of our office in Brisbane. The position of Supervisor has accountability for the management of projects, or project components through labor, plant, materials, and subcontractors to ensure zero harm, quality, and on-time delivery. This position has supervisory accountabilities for team, crew, and subcontractor performance.
- Lead by example and ensure safety culture
- Develop and implement QSE plans, work procedures, and SWMS with the project engineer
- Plan and organize site labor, plant, equipment, and materials to suit the program and budget
- Induct new labor into company systems
- Train site labor and ensure adherence to issues of safety, quality, and the environment
Conduct and document safety pre-starts and inspections at a required frequency as tabulated below
- Manage safety incidents immediately in conjunction with the project engineer and safety coordinator
- Supervise site works through regular site inspections
- Monitor site productivity against budget and optimize methods for improvement
- Identify variations and delays, and promptly report to the project engineer
- Develop and maintain good client relationships for future business
- Degree in Engineering & Construction or equivalent
- ACA (Australian) Corrosion qualifications will be an added value
Skills and Experience
- Experience supervising construction projects.
- At least 7 years experience within the construction and civil industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- People and Performance Management of subcontractors, suppliers, and direct labor.
- Skill in review of design documents, ability to understand drawings, provide constructability review, and implement final design plans.
- Understanding of WH&S practices, legislation, regulations, and current market rates/trades
Technical competency and understanding in the area that supervising.
- Capable of developing and maintaining a 3-week look ahead
- Ability to coordinate and effectively manage multiple trades
- Long-term career opportunity with a global company and a family vibe
- We will consider visa sponsorship for a suitably experienced candidate subject to eligibility
- Work for a close-knit team who care for their people
- Competitive remuneration + benefits