Summary of Role:
Accountable for the delivery of first-class enterprise-wide Infrastructure services ensuring the IT estate is well managed with effective lifecycle management so that technical debt is minimised and enables our journey to the cloud. The successful candidate will be dynamic and customer focused and have a strong track record of successful delivery in fast-paced, challenging environments. The role is part of the leadership team in Digital Technology, a function that embraces a leader- leader culture driving empowerment through the teams. The successful candidate will have a track record of leading teams with a focus on the growth of the individuals in the team and will be comfortable with commercial and financial responsibilities relative to the services they provide.
- Management responsibility for the Infrastructure Services team including financial and budgetary responsibilities.
- Motivating and empowering their team to be successful
- Forecasts appropriate technical skills and competencies required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable, and efficient.
- Leading by example
- Inputs to the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
- Actively manages and grows vendor and partner relationships.
- Integral to the development of the technical strategy and roadmap
- Technical oversight of all infrastructure, middleware and application technologies that underpin business capabilities.
- Active capacity, lifecycle, and security management of the data centre estate.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be introduced to ensure capabilities respond to the needs of the IT strategy.
- Experience in leading technical infrastructure teams in an Enterprise capacity.
- A leadership style that will empower others, inspire growth and success
- Demonstrable understanding of industry standard best practices, methodologies and frameworks for Microsoft/Linux Technologies, Virtualisation and Storage.
- The ability to provide expert technical guidance and coaching.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions.
- Trusted and respected as a technical leader who can influence and persuade others.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to non-technical staff.
- Risk management
- Experience in working in highly regulated and controlled environments (e.g. Defense)
- Extensive experience in IT