ONE KIDS PLACE – Children’s Treatment Centre provides rehabilitation and related support services for children and youth (up to the age of 19) and their families living in the Districts of Muskoka, Nipissing and Parry Sound. All staff will provide service within an interdisciplinary team environment committed to family-centered practice.
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program, Applicants must meet the criteria of the program to be eligible for this position.
POSITION: Database Administrator (Contract, Full Time)
LOCATION: North Bay
DURATION: 8 weeks – 35 hours a week
EFFECTIVE: July 2023 – August 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: The Database Administrator / IT Student will work under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources as well as the Information Systems Specialist to assist in the maintenance and improvement of the IT infrastructure. This involves applications that support the functional requirements of the business including Information Systems, Communications, Safety and Security. This role will have to communicate with multiple sites to provide IT support services on a daily basis, and assist in data migration or IT infrastructure upgrades. They will primarily assist with staff members both on-site and remotely. Clear, concise, and thorough communication will be a key part of this role – they must ensure employees and affected parties understand the impact and provide training to staff on IT changes relating to each specific employee role. This role will be utilizing the computer and various IT software such as; JIRA, HRIS, CRM, Excel, Zoom, and DMS on a regular basis.
- Support the functional requirements of the business which includes information systems, communications, safety and security
- Communicate with multiple sites to provide IT support services on a daily basis to employees on-site and remotely
- Assist in data migration or IT infrastructure upgrades
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
- Provide training to staff regarding IT changes
- Prior studies or experience in IT related field an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Computer competency in a variety of IT systems, JIRA, HRIS, CM and DMS
- Experience with Excel, Zoom and Teams
- Good attendance / work record
- Bilingualism (English/French) is preferred
- Proof of COVID Vaccinations as required by the sector
As this is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position, please note eligible candidates must meet the following additional criteria:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
COMPENSATION: $15.50 hourly
WHY WORK AT OKP?
As an employee at One Kids Place, you will become part of a team of skilled professionals working together to meet the special needs of children, youth and their families. The work environment includes the family-centered principles and values of mutual respect, collaboration, accessibility and community inclusivity. One Kids Place provides opportunities for ongoing education and development through mentorships, workshops, conferences and seminars.
All of our locations benefit from Northern Ontario living. Work and live minutes from numerous ski-hills, beaches, lakes, trails and outdoor activities for all seasons. As well as unique art, cultural and shopping experiences.
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future, please apply via this job posting or send your resume attention to:
One Kids Place, 400 McKeown Ave., North Bay ON P1B 0B2
E-mail: [email protected]
One Kids Place Children’s Treatment Centre is committed to an inclusive and accessible environment. Please send an email to the address above to let us know if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.