The future is our choice
At Atos, as the global leader in secure and decarbonized digital, our purpose is to help design the future of the information space. Together we bring the diversity of our people’s skills and backgrounds to make the right choices with our clients, for our company, and for our own futures.
We’re looking for a motivated and forward-thinking Junior Data Scientist with a ‘go-getter’ demeanor, who loves working in a fast-paced environment to join our team! The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning team blends statistical techniques and ML to create value from data for our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsiblites:
- Lead and deliver innovative technology solutions that will meet the requirements of our clients. This will entail gathering requirements, analysing, developing, testing, evaluating, and deploying the appropriate solution through the full development lifecycle.
- Design data models and ETL pipelines to meet the business requirements in the most efficient manner
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques, and methods
- Conduct research from which you’ll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Manage and mentor junior team members
Signs of success:
- Passionate about the ground-breaking impact the right information can have on a business will be clear from your previous projects and personal exploration of Data Science.
- Strong appreciation of statistical methods, experimental design, and the underlying principles of machine learning algorithms. You will have the ability to transform, analyze, and model data from a huge number of data sources, extracting and interpreting trends and insights.
- Able to evaluate models and have an awareness of how they can be implemented, monitored, and maintained as part of enterprise technology stacks. DataOps / MLOps experience would be valued.
- Competence in Python or R is required and other common languages and tools would be assets. There will be opportunities to build skills in coding and the use of no-code/low-code tools as well as broaden your understanding of data platforms and BI.
- Knowledge of database design as well as experience with SQL is desirable.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- You will likely have a background in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science and have worked within an Agile project team in the past.