- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, a life science discipline, or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years’ experience programming experience in Python, Java, Scala, C++, or SQL.
- 4+ years’ experience in software design, development, and algorithm-related solutions for production-grade systems using machine learning.
- 4+ years’ experience in managing code composed of multi-developer teams, following industry best practices.
- Deep knowledge of one or more scientific data types (e.g., biomedical images, biomedical text, large-scale, multidimensional ‘omics, large- or small- molecule therapeutics, clinical or Real-World Data, etc.)
- MS/PhD + 2 years of relevant research experience
- Experience with high performance computing (HPC) environments (SLURM/LSF/SGE schedulers)
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and distributed computing libraries (e.g., Spark, Hive, Impala, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Singularity, Airflow, Luigi, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with workflow languages (CWL, WDL, Next flow, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD and automation tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Passion and curiosity for data and proven ability to take ideas from prototype to production.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $96,900.00 to $161,600.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 15.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.