- Global manufacturing company of innovative corrugated packaging solutions
- Drive a Collaborative Proactive Culture
- Lots of autonomy and full shift accountability
Oji Fibre Solutions, part of a rapidly expanding global manufacturer of innovative packaging solutions, requires an enthusiastic and self motivated Day Shift Production Manager to join our corrugated packaging plant in VIC. Our Noble Park plant manufactures corrugated boxes which play an important part in the presentation, protection, and transportation of customer products in the Horticulture, Meat, Industrial, FMCG and Paper Products segments.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, you will excel at leading and driving performance through your people across both the Corrugator and Converting operations to ensure the day shift runs smoothly and effectively, whilst implementing continuous improvement initiatives to maximise the production capability of the shift and overall plant.
This role is fast paced, varied and has a strong focus on working relationships with management, planning, sales, customer service and production.
You will primarily be responsible for, however not restricted to:
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop the production team to attain personal and department goals
- Ensure a ‘culture of care and safety first’ is adhered to at all times
- Troubleshoot and resolve productivity issues/faults and impediments to operating to agreed performance levels and KPI’s
- Develop and implement appropriate shift and manning structures to maintain efficient production throughputs/quality/safety to meet customer & business requirements
- Ensure all employees understand and adhere to our quality expectations through proper training and conducting formal audits to guarantee compliance
- Oversee all administrative functions including payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete required reporting with regards to budgets, waste management, purchasing and services
You must be able to demonstrate the following preferred attributes:
- Be a hands on people leader with the ability to inspire, engage and motivate others to over achieve their targets
- Driven for results and passionate about success
- Able to develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders with a focus on customers
- Able to make quick decisions and troubleshoot
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people and positions
- Exposure to 5S, GMP and food safety
- Intermediate MS Office skills
A background in fast paced manufacturing and/or packaging is essential. Tertiary qualifications in manufacturing, engineering or equivalent will be highly regarded.
We offer an exciting opportunity for the successful incumbent to grow their skills and knowledge with a reputable, sustainable industry world leader. If this sounds like you then please send your resume and cover letter by clicking on the “