WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com .
Live Nation’s Concerts Division is where tours are born, artists come to life, and fans get to experience the rush of live music. From our dozens of owned/operated Amphitheaters to our Global Touring team, from Ticketing and Venue Operations to Marketing and Sales… we foster a fun and upbeat work culture with no shortage of opportunities. With perks ranging from free concert tickets to dog-friendly offices, to progressive benefits like student loan reimbursement and adoption/fertility support… it’s no wonder we are certified as a Great Place to Work organization and one of People Magazine’s “50 Companies that Care”. We want everyone to feel like they belong and can thrive in our community, so we strive to help you achieve your career and personal goals. Live music is our passion and where we find our common ground. There has never been a better time to join Live Nation.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The GM Assistant will provide administrative support to the General Manager . This person should be productive while working independently and able to perform well while multi-tasking in a thriving, very fast-paced environment.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for General Manager. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgement calls and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the General Manager. Arrange and handle all logistics for meetings; draft agendas, develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; record meeting minutes.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the General Manager’s ability to effectively lead the organization. Tasks will include assisting with special projects; designing/producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the General Manager: this includes those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect GM’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with GM to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the GM updated. Anticipate GM’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the GM and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the rest of the GM’s team
- Anticipate executive needs and ensure all work materials are available for a successful work day (ex. agendas for meetings/calls approved and printed ahead of time, lunch ordered, etc.)
- Review and edit confidential documents and gather all needed materials to coincide with said documents.
- Responsible for handling highly confidential information.
- Act as a liaison between executives and various business guests, managers, etc.
- Participate in General Manager’s calls, meetings, and site visits to take meeting minutes.
- Coordinate General Manager’s travel logistics, including transportation, hotel, and any special needs.
- Confirm and be familiar with all daily scheduling and travel details.
- Send out daily and weekly reminders as needed.
- Screen and handle telephone communications.
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Review all mail correspondence with Office Manager and direct to appropriate parties.
- Coordinate, supervise, and complete special projects.
- Serve as liaison between the General Manager and other departments as directed.
- Coordinate all logistics surrounding client meetings.
- Gather, enter and/or update data in records and databases.
- Review and file invoices, update spreadsheets, and handle payment tracking
- Track all invoices and payments.
- Support General Manager with any other additional needs.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- College degree required – preferably Communication, Journalism and Media, Business Administration
- Strong verbal / written communication, phone etiquette, computers (MS Office Suite) or similar programs
- Ability to engage in positive interaction with co-workers, executives, and high-level industry professionals; prioritize, organize, problem solve, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact
- Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, detail oriented, self-driven, forecast issues and handle last minute projects to meet deadlines
- Proficient typing skills required (ability to type 70 wpm)
SUCCESFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Resourceful, innovative, and proactive; thinks independently without much supervision
- Expert proficiency in MS Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to IT infrastructure, IT support and troubleshooting; and cloud-based environments (web-based applications)
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Live Nation executives, community leaders, and partners
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$20.00 USD – $25.00 Hourly**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.