Graduate Data Analyst
£24,000 plus lovely benefits
As a Graduate Data Analyst in our Commercial Analysis team, you’ll support colleagues by analysing sales data and identifying trends across our range of educational products (print and digital). Good quality analysis is a pivotal part of the business as it helps us make sound commercial decisions. And that’s where you come in!
If you’re comfortable using Excel and are excited about delving into the data to see what it’s telling us, this could be the perfect start to a career at CGP. You won’t necessarily have experience in this type of role (we’ll teach you how we do things at CGP when you start) but you’ll definitely have used data (maybe in your degree), be numerate and have a curious mind. So, if you’re logical in your approach and would thrive in a busy commercial environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Interested? Great — simply click apply and send us your CV and a cracking covering letter telling us why you’d love to join CGP’s Commercial Analysis team.
Closing Date: Monday 19th June 2023
As a Graduate Data Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
– Analysing school and retail sales data (so we know what it’s telling us)
– Helping select which schools we target with our direct marketing campaigns
– Creating and communicating regular sales reports for other departments
– Improving our processes so that we work more efficiently
– Answering questions sent to the team from colleagues across the business
Specific skills, experience and attributes
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who’s good with Excel and who loves analysing qualitative and quantitative data — someone who has a real interest in how we can use data to gain commercial advantage. You’ll have a positive “can do” attitude, a logical approach to problem solving and be:
– Highly numerate and intelligent (with a good degree)
– Commercially and analytically minded
– Good at juggling priorities and tasks
– A strong communicator who’s able to explain detailed information in simple terms
– Open-minded, curious and eager to learn new software (like Microsoft SQL)
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Junior Data Analyst, Graduate Product Data Analyst, Graduate Retail Data Analyst, or Graduate Sales Data Analyst.