Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You’ll Do
Provide engineering and project support to divisional Americold facilities and to Corporate. Drive labor improvement through engineered labor standards, performance incentive roll-out, cost benefit evaluations, workflow analysis, asset utilization, and scheduling optimization.
• Install engineered standards labor management systems in DCs.
• Standards creation and validation through time studies and observations.
• Calculate and implement performance incentives.
• Provide labor management system training and guidance to operations / facility leadership
• Engineering programming and configuration in Red Prairie Work Force Management system including mapping of warehouses.
• Evaluate material handling methods for process improvements.
• Evaluate material handling equipment requirements as needed.
• Evaluate and make recommendations for process improvements, improving productivity and costs reduction.
• Develop plans to complete project tasks based on priority
• Keep abreast of the latest technology in warehousing and evaluate for applications.
• Develop and execute project scopes, specifications and estimates as needed.
• Engineering technical and operational support as needed.
• Work independently to complete above mentioned functions.
• Other duties as requested.
What Experience You Need
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
• Exposure to labor standards or relevant course work preferred. Acceptable courses may include, but are not limited to:
• Data management
• MOST certification
• Experience with the distribution/warehouse/logistics industry preferred
• Proficient with AS400, RF Scanning and WMS systems preferred
What Could Set You Apart
- Floor experience and working directly with FLAs [Front Line Associates]
- Warehousing/Logistics or other directly related experience
- Project Management experience [does not have to be certified PM]
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What’s in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.