UPSCO is a provider of utility infrastructure products and services, including fabrication, distribution, and service capabilities, which positions the company as a single-stop source for utility and underground infrastructure needs. UPSCO provides utilities, contractors, and material integrators with expert knowledge of locally specified energy infrastructure products.
Accountable for the research, development, and procedures related to the design and manufacture of both new and existing UPSCO proprietary products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Work closely with CAD Department personnel to ensure department standard operations procedures are clearly defined and adhered to.
- Address and resolve all engineering issues related to design, assembly, and performance.
- Process improvement based on performance and standards and metrics.
- Oversee PDM process flow, library content, and data integrity as well as maintain product design documentation in Sharepoint.
- Lead the part approval process for new products and oversee Engineering Changes to existing products.
- Works with Customer Service, Operations and Outside Sales as a resource for engineering related information – with respect to new and existing design.
- Sample and 1st Production Run approval, evaluation process, quality and meeting the customer requirements of the product.
- Associates Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Hands on experience with Industrial Engineering.
- SolidWorks proficiency (2017 or newer).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and CAD. Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems preferred.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.